1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I do prefer higher quality yarn, but I think there is a time and a place for acrylic!
2. Do you spin? Crochet? Nope, but spinning does sound tempting.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) Smoke is hard for me to tolerate, but I am fine with everything else!
4. How long have you been knitting? About a year and a half.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I do have an Amazon wishlist but never got around to posting it on my blog!
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Hmm, that is hard! I don't like anything too strong in terms of bath products, but I really like vanilla or fruity scented candles.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Unfortunately, yes! I have an immense sweet tooth for chocolate (dark), anything with peanut butter or mint, and anything with sugar that comes out of an oven
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I was really into beading for a long time, and would like to get back into it. I do some embroidery and cross-stitch. I am also an obsessive baker and cook lots too!
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I am rock/classic rock type gal. Some of my favorite bands are: Big Head Todd and the Mosters, U2, Tom Petty, Stones, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Glen Phillips (the list could go on and on)!
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorite color is blue, but I am a big fan of any cool color combination. I love yarns with blends of various shades of blues/greens. I am really not a big red/pink person.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have two 10 month old kittens and a boyfriend of almost 6 years!
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) I am thinking about getting my Ph.D. soon in Aquatic Ecology so that I can become a professor and do research, which is one of my dreams. My totally far-fetched dream would be to move someplace exotic, open up an incredible bakery or yarn store, have horses and be able to travel tons.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Hmm... Some of my favorite brands are Manos, Koigu, Rowan and Farmhouse. I really love anything with a beautiful colorway!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I am really not into knitting with eyelash yarns.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I have been obsessed with bags and socks lately, and am just starting to knit my first sweater. I am hoping to get into some home decor type projects soon too!
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I would have to say bags. Though I love knitting lace scarfs.
17. What are you knitting right now? As of today, I only have some baby items going for the preemie project and the never-ending baby blanket (which I DID work on yesturday). I am going to start my sweater in the next day or two and probably another pair of socks!
18. What do you think about ponchos? I did knit one last fall, but it was a gift. I am not big on them myself and probably won't knit one again.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Either works for me. It just depends on the project.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Either bamboo or aluminum. I don't like how plastic needles stick.
21. Are you a sock knitter? Now I am!
22. How did you learn to knit? I taught myself using an online tutorial!
23. How old is your oldest UFO? About a year, but I promise I will finish it soon! I set a deadline for myself over this weekend!
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Hmm. My favorite cartoon of all time is Tom and Jerry. My favorite animals are black bears, turtles and cats.
25. What is your favorite holiday? I am Jewish and my boyfriend is Christian, so we celebrate everything. I would have to say either Haloween, Christmas or Passover.
26. Is there anything that you collect? I am attempting to collect BearFoots stuff, but only have a few things. I collect yarn for sure!
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None! But I have bought IK a few times.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? I really want to read The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd.