Friday, October 12, 2007

Inspired By Fall

I have had a very, very rough week, but the cool crispness in the air has at least kept me knitting. I love fall, just in case you missed that. Cool mornings, colors all around, fresh rain, and the chance to knit warm accessories to carry you through the long, (way too long) winters.




I hardly wear hats since I have curly hair (for those with curly hair, you understand). But, when I do this winter, I'll have one other option since I now have Foliage. A quick, beautiful top-down hat pattern in one of my favorites, Malabrigo.

Pattern: Foliage from Knitty; by Emilee Mooney
Yarn: Malabrigo Chunky in Olive #56
Needles: US 9 and 10 DPNs
Measurements: Women's
Started: October 8, 2007
Finished: October 9, 2007
Other Details: I knit this down a needles size since I have a small head. The lace pattern doesn't stretch out as much on me, but it still looks great :)

And to complete my week, I started playing with some sock yarn and patterns. I loved the Rusted colorway I put up in the store this week, its kind of like the Where's Waldo of knitting, eh?!

12 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Cute hat - I need a new hat. I guess I'd better get busy on that. And the sock yarn - if only I didn't have such a large stash already. Sigh.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Lizzardie said...

I agree about the sock yarn stash - if I could afford more yarn, I'd so buy Rusted - great color! :-)

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Jofrog said...

Oooh, that sock is just beautiful! I absolutely love that colorway. Sometimes it's so helpful to see things knit up.

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the hat & the socks - what nice fall projects!

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just cast on for foliage the other night. I like it so far. I understand the hat issue, but my ears get so cold I just have bad hair all winter! Your hat looks good though, I can't wait till I finish mine.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Marlena said...

I just bought yarn to make that very same hat! I love that olive color.

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great sock! How come your hat looks way cooler than the ones in the pattern photo? I hadn't considered that pattern before, but with your version, maybe...

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Adrienne said...

Great hat! It's on my list to knit as well. And the sock is absolutely beautiful so far!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Rose said...

Beautiful hat! And I'm jealous of your weather. We had a couple of 90 degree days this week--in October! Finally dropped into the 70's today and it feels wonderful.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger lemmie said...

I love that hat! I'm so excited about fall too. And, yes, I'm a curly head so I completely understand about hats. I knitted a cashmere hat last year only to find out that I look like a complete dork in it (or a mushroom as my hair juts out to the sides!). I'll have to give this pattern a whirl!

Happy fall!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I love the Foliage hat--I made one several weeks ago when I was desperate to start and actually finish a project!

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger circe said...

I know this is a bit late to ask, but what pattern are you using for the Rusted socks? I'm getting some of that yarn and love the way yours is turning out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home