Monday, September 24, 2007

Hemlock Ring

Yes, I have been rather stealth-like with my knitting lately.... But, isn't it purty?!





Normally, I don't have the time or the desire to knit each night. But, with Scott being gone last week, and me being on top of yarnie business things, I had a couple hours each night to work on this... I normally don't keep track of my knitting time, but I was curious to see how long this took. 20 hours for a beautiful lap throw?! Yep, see, you can do it too :)

Some outdoor pics:





Kali apparently found her new sleeping spot for the fall. She loves the woolly smell of the Ecowool and just can't get enough of her scent on it! Luckily, the heathered, rustic yarn with cover up the accumulating cat hair and nail pulls nicely :)

Pattern: Hemlock Ring Blanket by Brooklyn Tweed
Yarn: Cascade Ecological Wool #8025, approximately 1.5 skeins
Needles: Addi Natura 32" US10
Measurements: 48" diameter
Started: September 14, 2007
Finished: September 20, 2007
Other Details: This pattern is wonderful on the heavier yarn. If you can get the Cascade Yarn, use it since it provides a rich, rustic feel. My only qualm is with the blocking. At first, I just dampened and pinned, but that wasn't nearly enough. So, I steam blocked it a few times by holding the iron about an inch over the blanket. I started in the center and worked out. For the edging, I steamed it before and after pinning.

9 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Thea said...

way cool. and it matches the cat.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Sara Spalding said...

beautiful! this is the next project in my queue (xmas present for my mom), so I'm psyched that yours turned out so pretty (and fast!).

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Lovely! I'm working on one right now.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger bellamoden said...

Seriously lovely! Someday.....

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Gorgeous!

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Peacock Chic said...

Oh wow dani that turned out as beautiful as the original. I have to admit the first few pictures threw me for a loop because the sunlight makes it looks bleached. I have it in my queue too but don't know when it will make it to the top

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger kathryn said...

That looks great and I love the colour you've chosen! I'm working on this atm and shall be very pleased if mine looks half as good as yours.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

It's beautiful! Great job :)

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Wow that is just georgous! I love the way it came out! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home