Monday, June 11, 2007

Simple Love

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind! We were in Chicago for four days for a wedding, then went to Colorado to work on our big day next month. Overall, it was a wonderful trip..

Here's Scott and I on the shore of Lake Michigan just before the wedding ceremony (with my latest knitting project).

Isn't the scarf fabulous?! It was so easy, and yet turns out so beautiful. I am a Handmaiden Sea Silk addict! There is a yarn that I can get from my supplier that is very similar to this silk, so I might have to dye up some and see how it goes.

Pattern: Montego Bay Scarf from Interweave Summer 2007
Yarn: Handmaiden Sea Silk in Moss
Measurements: 7" by 70" after blocking
Started: May 15, 2007
Finished: June 1, 2007
Other Details: I used a US7 rather than an 8 since it was all I had available. I had probably 30 yards of the yarn leftover, but am happy I ended it when I did since it has since stretched out a bit. Love it!

7 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Such a lovely picture, of you and your honey AND the scarf. I happen to have a skein of SS, I must try that pattern. I think I was put off by the first line (cut 100 12" pieces of SS) but I know that is the proper order of these things.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Wannabe said...

Good lord woman! You look gorgeous. I can only imagine how great you guys will look on your wedding day!
I love love love that scarf!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger kathy b said...

Scarf is really wonderful. Looks great on you. Great shot of the newleyweds. I am so happy you came to My town, chicago for your moon. I love my lake michigan so much.

many times of great joy to the new couple

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger DancingFish said...

Great scarf and great meeting you at the wedding!

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That really is a great scarf.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Terri Lynn said...

Smasing scarf, loved the bonbon, and the squares are so cool! I love visiting your site! God bless you and your wedding plans, Colorado, I live in Colorado!

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Great photo - aren't you a cute couple. I can't believe the wedding is in a month. Wow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home