Monday, April 09, 2007

My New Obsession

Like Cara, I too am a creature of repetition. Sometimes I find a project that I like so much that I just can't stop until I am literally "sick to the stomach, can't stop knitting this until I have knit them all or I want to throw up if I see that yarn or project one more time". My obsession? Baby hats from Susan B. Anderson's Itty Bitty Hats book. I've owned this book for a few months now and loved the patterns. I was busy with other larger projets last month, and then crack, had a problem and needed a quick project(s) to make me feel better.

I've feeling so much better.. the sun is shining, colors are happy, FO's all over the place!



Pattern: Football from Itty Bitty Hats
Yarn: Debbie Bliss cashmerino dk in light blue, Premiere cotton in tahki color and leftovers of DB cashmerino dk in white
Measurements: 6-12 month size
Started: April 2, 2007
Finished: April 3, 2007
Other Details: I didn't understand the instructions for the top loopy sprout thing, so I just made my own "tassle pom pom". I also went down to a US6 since I used a slightly thinner yarn.



Pattern: Cherry-o! from Itty Bitty Hats
Yarn: Rowan Handknit cotton in white and green, Debbie Bliss cotton dk in red
Measurements: I think I did the 6-12 month size
Started: April 3, 2007
Finished: April 4, 2007
Other Details: The Handknit cotton has some sweet ass row gauge, so this hat took only about an hour to knit (not including the top details).



Pattern: Basic Hat from Itty Bitty Hats
Yarn: Artful Yarns Candy #9352
Measurements: 6 month size
Started: April 4, 2007
Finished: April 5, 2007
Other Details: I was never too intrigued by this yarn until I found this vintage looking colorway at the Fabric Place last week. Who knew that the Fabric Place had yarn?!



Pattern: Ribbons from Itty Bitty Hats
Yarn: The brown is Zara #1663, the green is Rowan Cashsoft dk
Measurements: The green is a 0-6 month size, the brown is 6-12 month
Started: April 5, 2007
Finished: April 9, 2007
Other Details: I knit these two hats tandem style. The hat is very basic with some eyelets thrown in there. I have a million ideas in my head for different ribbon/hat color combos. I am sure you will see more of these in the future. To get really inspired for these hats, I made a stop last Thursday at the Paper Source.. one of my favorite places :)

More hats are on the way! I'm addicted :)

17 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger Sue J. said...

Cute, cute, cute! I have the book by need some babies to knit hats for. Your hats are just darling!

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh those are adorable!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Jofrog said...

Geeze Dani! That's a lot of itty bitty hats!

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This? "Sometimes I find a project that I like so much that I just can't stop until I am literally 'sick to the stomach, can't stop knitting this until I have knit them all or I want to throw up if I see that yarn or project one more time'" This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. EXACTLY! Thank you so much for understanding.

Love the hats!

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

ohhhh soooo cute!
hummmm i need to get me that book! :)

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Those are adorable. I especially like the ribbon ones. Too cute.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Laura.Y said...

oh laa, these are so cute! My fav has got to be Football and Ribbons! Absolutely adorable.

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger Terri Lynn said...

Every time I come here you make me smile! I love the hats and have a very good reason....

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Lolly said...

The hats are just precious!

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely cute hats! I may have to check out that book for a few friends that are pregnant.

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh goodness, SO CUTE!

May
mayflwr.typepad.com

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Ms. Lance-a-lot said...

so much fun to knit! Quick and satisfying projects...do you have a lot of babies in your life or what are you planning to do with these??

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

Unbelievably cute hats! And you did such a great job knitting and finishing on each one. They improve my mood just looking at them! Thanks!

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Wow, they all look great. I got that book after Christmas, but I have yet to knit anything from it.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Absolutely adorable! Makes me want to knit hats. I love the ribbon ones - they're so fun.

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love all the hats, but i think the ribbon hat is my favorite. now i know what to make to match a cardigan that has ribbon on it.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

I almost bought that book when the book store in Copley Mall was closing, and when I went back to get it the store was already gone. Feh! Now my niece is pregnant, so I'm going to go out and get it very soon.

I love those hats. I love that book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home