Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Hats - Take 2

Its okay to call me crazy, I'm cool with it :)



Pattern: Rosebud from Itty Bitty Hats
Yarn: Rowan Handknit cotton in #263, various leftovers for flowers and leaves
Measurements: 0-6 month size
Started: April 8, 2007
Finished: April 15, 2007
Other Details: Absolutely adorable! LOTS of extras for this one, and believe it or not, I did it all myself! It took a few movies to get it all done, but it is really worth it in the end



Pattern: Bunny Tail from Itty Bitty Hats
Yarn: Debbie Bliss cashmerino dk in natural, some beautiful buttery colored organza ribbon from the Paper Source
Measurements: 0-6 month size
Started: April 8, 2007
Finished: April 9, 2007
Other Details: Such a cute one! I was thinking about changing up the colors, but am glad I stuck with the off-white. I did not add the pom pom to the back.



Pattern: Cotton Stria Stripes from Itty Bitty Hats
Yarn: Manos Cotton Stria in various leftover shades of blues, greens and white
Measurements: 6-12 month size
Started: April 8, 2007
Finished: April 10, 2007
Other Details: My gauge came out a bit bigger (4.5 sts/1" rather than 5 sts/1"), so the hat is really more like a 1-2 year old size. No problem though since this hat was for no one in particular.



Pattern: Olive You! from Itty Bitty Hats
Yarn: Rowan Kid Classic #828, leftovers in DB cotton dk (red) and Rowan Cashsoft dk in green (leftover from the ribbons hat)
Measurements: 0-6 month size
Started: April 11, 2007
Finished: April 12, 2007
Other Details: So super cute, but lots of details! I made some real full pompoms rather than the little sprouts



Pattern: Little Pumpkin from Itty Bitty Hats
Yarn: Rowan cashsoft dk #510, Premiere cotton in brown and Rowan handknit cotton in green
Measurements: 0-6 month size
Started: April 12, 2007
Finished: April 14, 2007
Other Details: Very cute! I'm made the Ann Norling pumpkins before, and this one was a nice change!

21 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been a busy hat making bee!
They're all so adorable.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger QueenMeadow said...

They are all so cute!! I think the bunny one and the pumpkin are my favorites!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I'm so glad you posted all of these hats. I've been eyeing the book, but wasn't sure. Seeing all them in real (internet) life, I think I may have to spring for it. I especially like the Rosebud hat and I didn't think I would. :)

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From one crazy to another - HAT ON my friend!

 
At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh every single one of those itsty bitsy hats is just GORGEOUS!!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Sue J. said...

I just love every one of the hats. You've done a great job. So darling. I don't blame you for being obsessed.

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh are those cute! My favorite is the one with the flowers though.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Those are all so cute! I especially like the Rosebud design. I can totally understand your obsession.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger christijnp said...

These are too great! You are a knitting machine! How do you finish them so quickly?

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger gabriella said...

dani are you adopting a whole kindergarten class or something?!? they are very, very cute hats - but this isn't going to help the "who's pregnant now?" rumors at knitsmiths you know!! ;) though i assume you all are keeping shireen at the top of that list... ~gabriella

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Damn girl. When are you eating and sleeping? It looks to me like all you've been doing is knitting hats! Cute hats, but are you approaching burn-out?

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Wow! I think that you are going to make all the hats in the book! They look great!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome! Olive that one! ;) I finally got the book last week as I have some babies to knit for now! Nice!!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Lana said...

I have this book too and need to start on some itty bitty hats! They are seriously like potato chips, you can't just stop at one!! They all look super!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Isobel said...

I have knitted several of the hats from the book, they make great baby gifts. Easy and such fun to knit, yours looks wonderful.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Thea said...

you're not crazy, you're just a little obsessd... but aren't we all? maybe you'll need some new yarn for all these hats soon? Next week we're off vacation and free for a coffee and yarn store trip.... thea

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're so cute! I'm buying this book IMMEDIATELY. Well done!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Vera said...

Those hats rock. I need to take a closer look at that book.

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Ang said...

Oh these hats are wonderful, I love the ribbon one at the bottom, just gorgeous.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Terri Lynn said...

Rosebud is too sweet and the rest are just, well, I am speechless over all these hats, I can see why you are making them.

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Those are all adorable! I think my favorite has to be the olive hat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home