Tuesday, March 20, 2007

And Finally

The Cadenza Socks are done! They actually have been done for over a week and are now getting their second wear.




They are great to wear around the house, and unfortunately, came out just a touch on the big side. So, you ask, how does the new Colinette Cadenza stand up against my favorite worsted weight sock yarn, Artyarns supermerino??!! Let's just say I am so not converted, but I would use the yarn again if they came out with some more usable colorways. I think that the Artyarns (though not as soft in the hank), ends up being softer once it is washed. In terms of long-lasting, we'll get to that next year maybe :)

Pattern: Just a basic 3x1 rib sock with a short-row heel
Yarn: Colinette Cadenza
Measurements: Made to fit a women's US8.5
Started: January 8, 2007
Finished: March 12, 2007
Other Details: I CO 44 stitches on a US4 (Inox 40" for magic loop). If I did these again, I would have started with 40 stitches.

5 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Angie said...

those socks are beautiful. I have a pair from Artyarns Supermerino and they are my faves, but were so expensive, I am afraid to wear them. I'll have to have a look at the Colinette to compare...

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Faith said...

Oh thank goodness! So I'm not alone in my artyarns-for-socks opinion? Those turned out beautifully!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Alexis said...

Those are lovely! I really like that colorway. Nice and rocky.

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I just discovered your blog and have been looking at your photo galleries of finished projects. Your work is beautiful and very inspiring! I'm in the process of knitting my first non-scarf/blanket project (a baby sweater dress) and so far so good. It's giving me the condfidence to try a pair of socks next :)

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Terri Lynn said...

Great job, very nice colorway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home