Monday, March 12, 2007

Spring Preview

My apartment is currently full of Spring! I'm in the midst of reskeining hundreds of skeins of yarn for this weeks post and two wholesale orders... Its a lot of work, but it sure does make my table super pretty!



Yesterday at Knitsmiths, we had another yarn swap! The last few times the swaps went on I was here and here. My goal was to come home with less than what I brought.. Success! I showed up with about 25 skeins in tow and left with this:



The first picture is what I ended up with in the swap (Koigu, Malabrigo, some Alpaca and Wool Cotton). The second picture was a birthday present from Johanna! So sweet :) Its Mind's Eye Yarns merino tencel sock yarn (and look, an undyed skein for me to play with)!. I've never been to Lucy's store in Cambridge, but plan on going soon to say hello.

So, that is it for today. I still have to catch up on some current projects and another finished one... There will more posts soon once I get all this yarn off my table (literally speaking). Have a great week everyone!

11 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Thea said...

Hey you, went to Wild and Wooly today and bought that Jo Sharp book, so no need for you to bring me same. Just couldn't leave it there... but thanks much for the offer.

Also, saw Pat, who loves you and your yarn. She tried to go online to buy and was confused, so I told her to figure out what she wants off the store and I'll see if I can buy it in person at the next KS --- OK by you?

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger momsue84 said...

Woohoo! New Spring colorways in some of my most favorite yarn! Gorgeous!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Carry said...

Ooooh, such beautiful stuff!!! And thanks for the heads up about the Reynolds Soft Linen. I just ordered mine from Black Sheep Knitting. Can't wait to get my hot little hands on it.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger MollyKnits said...

Holy crap! that is a lot of yarn. Very pretty.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Sandykins57 said...

Wow, I think your table looks gorgeous! And I love your Green Bay Packer yarn!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Laura.Y said...

oooo sweet! I feel like a kid in a candy store. :D

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Frankie Pancakes said...

I recognized Lucy's sock yarn immediately!

Since you mentioned "Minds Eye Yarns" in Porter Square, let me tell you that this is my favorite LYS, Lucy is the sweetest person and always remembers your name, unlike Woolcott in Harvard where I still can't even get a nod of recognition let alone help whenever I go there.

I showed her the socks I made out of the "Hungarian Horntail" yarn I bought from you and told her about Sunshine Yarns. You must go whenever you have a chance.

FYI, I love the last few balls of sock yarn that I last bought from Sunshine. All of the shipments arrive on Thursday, 2 days after I've ordered them. I got only 4 balls from your spring update, meant to get 5 but a ball was stollen out from my cart when I went for check out, that'll teach me not to hesitate!

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, I wish my table looked like that with all that yarn... sssooooooooooooo beautiful!

http://www.nhknittingmama.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger kathy b said...

I'm going to show my husband your table. I'll tell him it is your stash.......he won't think so much of mine then!

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the Will Taylor skeiner?
I was wondering how it was holding up... could you email me to discuss it? I can't see how to contact you by email, sorry.
Beautiful yarn.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

*drools* woooowwww..may I come over and fondle your yarn? LOL! I only wish my table looked like that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home