Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Harry Potter Sock Club

Since I've had lots of questions, I'll post the information here as well.

HARRY POTTER SOCK CLUB!

WHAT IS IT?: A Harry Potter themed sock club
WHY?: I have had lots of requests for striping and other variegated colorways since the new book and movie are coming out next month. I cracked people, so here you go!
WHAT WILL I GET?: Just yarn. No patterns or extravagant extras. Two skeins will be variegated (think characters/animals/places), and 1 skein will be striping in whatever house color you desire! At least 2 of the skeins will be in the Soft yarn, one MIGHT be in the Twist.
WHEN WILL I GET THE YARN?!: The mailing dates are July 15th, either September or October 15, and either Nov/Dec. 15th! (The only set date at this time is July). Since I am getting married next month, and will be gone until the middle/end of August, I want to give myself some flexibility. I will let you know once I return when the set dates will be for the fall).
HOW MUCH? The cost is a flat $100.00 to those in the U.S. and Canada, $115 to those overseas.
WHEN DO I SIGN UP?! Now! Send an email to sunshineyarns@yahoo.com with your full name, email, mailing address and what striping house colorway you want!
WHEN DO I PAY?! Now! Once you send me your contact information, I will send you an invoice.
ANY QUESTIONS? Email me at sunshineyarns@yahoo.com



The socks above were knit by Rachel, using the Gryffindor self-striping yarn. She even made it into a little magical photo shoot... I love it!

9 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Ooo, how fun! I'm not sure I can afford this right now, but it sure is tempting!

I'm working on a pair of (Monkey) socks right now using your "Phoenix" yarn. I really love the colors!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

I'm signed up!! Yay!! My sister has been wanting those Gryffindor socks forever...she's so happy I joined!! Thanks Dani!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger lisa b said...

i can vouch for the "self-striping fabulousness" of dani's yarn...i made three pairs of gryffindor socks for family members last christmas...

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger gabriella said...

only you, dani, would set up a sock club and get married at the same time. next up: running the '08 marathon and knitting socks at the same time. ;) ~gabriella

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Isobel said...

Dani - I mentioned the sock club on my blog, as a Rowanette I have sent a few girls your way who were seeking Potter themed yarns. I am so glad that you are doing this, I keep missing the self striping and am knitting my G socks out of LL Flames for a midnight Potter Party on the 20th. The next G socks I knit will be from your yarn - yeah.

I agree a Sock Club and a Wedding - you are a mighty force.

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dani -- I just wanted to stop by to say Hi! and to say that I stopped in to BlackSheep Knits this last week -- and I saw your yarn there, so I asked if this was the shop where you worked. It was! Sorry I missed seeing you there -- it would have been nice to meet you. We live in Louisville, outside Bldr. Good luck with your big day coming up ... it's been almost 9 yrs for us, and I can't believe how the time has flown!! Take care -- Jenifer at jeniferknits.blogspot.com

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, first off, I am beyond excited to order your yarn...and I did it without being able to see pictures :) (My work computer blocks all photos on Etsy :(

Second, congrats on your impending nuptuals!!

Third - how in the world do you find the time to knit all these things, dye all that yarn and still work a "regular" job? I am jealous!

Fourth - I wish I could join your sock club, but I don't think Mr. Man (my boyfriend) would be very excited about me overspending my yarn allowance :) Are you going to do it again?

Libby
http://hotrodlibbyloo.typepad.com

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger ( Nati ) said...

Hi!! My name is Natalia and I am from Argentina. The Harry PotterĀ“s sock are beautiful!! And your blog is beautiful too. Congratulations!!
Kisses and you have a nice day!!

http://sonrisadedragon.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Betharoopie said...

I just got my first skein from the club, and it's beautimous! Wonderful! Perfect!

You're off getting married (congratulations) and having the time of your life, so I'll just leave you with a big THANK YOU and YAY!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home