Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Cat's Meow

Yes. I knit a cat sweater for my cat...and, she absolutely loves it! The entire time I was knitting up that Manos afghan, Kali just wouldn't stay away. She's the kind of cat that likes the attention knitting brings, and so I decided to give it a whirl. I exchanged the one unused ball of Manos for a new Kali-friendly color; a muted celery green #73. I just measured her a bunch and started going crazy. A few hours later, voila, my own little Kali sweater.




"Mom, I'm really done with these pictures... for now. Look at my cute white fluffy chest!"



So, you ask, how is it going?! Well, I put it on her every so often, and she loves to just lay and sleep in it. She can take it off herself, so I don't feel bad sticking her in it.. She really doesn't seem to mind, and until that changes, I would call it a success. My Soma, I know, would despise a little kitty sweater, so I'm not knitting one for her.

Pattern: My own creation
Yarn: Manos Wool #73, a muted sage or celery green
Needles: Addi US 9
Measurements: To fit a small-medium sized cat. My cat is 7.5lbs and has a circ of 14.5-15"
Started: December 23, 2007
Finished: December 23, 2007
Other Details: I used about 2/3rds of a ball of Manos

16 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kali is one lucky kat -- and she looks so at home in her sweater. I suspect a lot of imitations will be on people's needles soon.

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, that is awesome!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

love it!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Kim U said...

Awww, this is cute! I don't know if my cats would put up with that :)

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Jofrog said...

Only Kali! It's lovely, she's a love, and you love her so (to knit her a sweater!).

My favorite part of the story is that you exchanged yarn to get her a better "Kali color"!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

She looks adorable in her sweater! It's awesome that she actually likes wearing it :D

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Bertha said...

Oh man, this is ADORABLE! I can't believe she puts up with it!

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great cat sweater! She looks adorable wearing it too :) I would love to make one for my cat if I didn't think he'd try to scratch my eyes out when I went to put it on him. He is very bossy and knows exactly what he likes and does not like - he he!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Rose said...

Very, very cute! Love the color on her.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

It matches her eyes! The cat sweater is a first for me, too fun.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Carol said...

The look on her face says it all!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Hee, hee! So cute!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger The Yarn Nut said...

So cute! I put a sweater on my cat one time and he started walking backwards like he was trying to walk out of. So funny!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Sasha said...

Ohmigoodness! TOO cute!! If only I had a kitty to knit for.. I'm amazing your fluffy one is so willing to be be-knitted! Excellent! Will there be a range of ensemble soon I wonder? In various kitty colours? :)

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Lily said...

Oh that is just so cute. And well done getting your kitty to wear it. My Mr. Boots would have a hissy fit if I tried to get him in a kitty sweater.

Lily

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

That is so cute I could cry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home