Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Full of Merriment

Merry Christmas!! Scott and I are having a very relaxing Christmas here in Boston. No traveling for us - we did plenty of that this year, and have much more in store for the future... We decided not to exchange gifts this year either; but low and behold, we ended up getting two big surprises in the last few days. Some of the closest people in our lives will be adding little wee ones in the coming year.... We are just beyond excited and couldn't have asked for better gifts!

Now, an excuse to let the baby knitting get out of control once again--




This is the Eyelet Baby Blanket from Blue Sky Alpacas. Doesn't it look fabulous with the natural colored ruffle?!




Pattern: Eyelet Baby Blanket from Blue Sky Alpacas; design by Leslie Scanlon
Yarn: Blue Sky Organic Cotton in #80 and #602
Needles: Addi US 9
Measurements: About 28" by 25" without the ruffle
Started: December 5, 2007
Finished: December 18, 2007
Other Details: I've seen this blanket knit on the US11 (like the pattern calls for), and I didn't like it. I think its much better knit at a regular gauge on a US8 or US9. I still managed to get a similar gauge, even on the 9's. I ended up needed to crack into the third skein of green. If I knit this again, I would adjust it so that this didn't happen. The ruffle takes a lot of cream. I used two full balls, and about a 1/4 of a leftover skein I had. The good news is you can make matching baby bolero's with the extras....

12 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I love how you made the ruffle a different color... I will have to do that on my next one.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Don't you just LOVE Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton?

Merry Christmas!

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Laura.Y said...

Happy Holidays to you and your family. :)

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

That is gorgeous, Dani!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Love the blanket! It's so pretty. I thought I was done making blankets for my soon-to-be baby, but now I gotta go look at that pattern.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Allegra said...

ooh, i like it even better with the natural ruffle than the original pattern!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Nik said...

I do like the ruffle. It makes the entire piece look very delicate.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Marlena said...

Cutest blanket ever! I love that it's simple enough to use everyday without worry, but also has that nice fancy ruffle. Swoon!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Very sweet!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger kathryn said...

Hope you had a lovely Christmas and wishing you a Very Happy New Year :)

I love the colours you've chosen for the blanket.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Dani, Do you still have your rainbow ski hat? If you do will you send me a picture of it? I used to have a yellow hat kind of the same but no pom-pom. I would love to see your hat! Did you just have the hat or do you have the rainbow thing too? I love that! Thanks for telling me that, you are so cute.
susan

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, It is just beautiful. What a knit art gift. I just love the ruffle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home