Thursday, September 01, 2005

Pray for New Orleans

I am not a religious person, but I am sending constant prayers that things will start to improve in New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf that was impacted by Katrina. I am so sorry for, and sickened by the situation down there and can't even believe this is all really happening. I just read the latest story online and am blown away by the stories of people lying dead in the street, the lack of food, water, medical attention and order. Riots, rapes and guns seem to be clouding the news tonight and it just makes me ill thinking about it.. To those of us who are far away, its unbelievable... I feel like I have a movie on the screen. I also feel so helpless... who am I to just go to work and pretend like everything is okay? Don't even get me started on the politics of Iraq and the need for soldiers right now at home.

Nevertheless, the lack of knitting content today is well deserved. Between just getting home from the White Mountains, starting work at my LYS (that was great!) and more devastating Katrina news, things will have to wait until tomorrow. Sorry about the downer post, I just needed to vent and cry a little...

2 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

hi dani seems like knitting is my only escape!!!!:) houston is welcoming thousands upon thousands of refugees and we are preparing....not to mention my husbands extended family is homeless now....thank you for all of your kind words, they are needed in times like these.

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you. It's just so overwhelming -- the magnitude and the suffering.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home