Monday, October 24, 2005

Come Away With Me

First, a new project.. any guesses?? Well, I'll just tell you right off since I have been bad about introducing new projects lately. Its going to be the Chevron scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts using some wonderful hand dyed yarn that I had on hand. I am about half way done and can't decide if I like it or not with this yarn. Its a bit dull to me even though I think the yarn looks amazing in a skein. Either way, I am going to finish it and give it to someone who I think will love these colors...



And guess where I am going? ON VACATION!!!! LOOK, LOOK!!! MY KNITTING IS ALL PACKED!! You better believe that I am bringing lots of knitting with me since this trip will have lots of flying and driving time.



And, I suppose I should bring some clothes too.. humph. Look at all that wasted room that could be used for knitting supplies!



So, any idea where I am going tomorrow morning? Try here, here, here and of course, HERE! These are just a few of the places I will be heading with Scott over the next 8 days. He has to go do a few things for work, so I figured why not tag along and make a vacation out of it! We will have a laptop with us, so look forward to some posts in the near future with some beautiful scenery and some knitting progress!

17 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Anonymous andrea said...

oh, sounds wonderful! have a great time, dani ;)

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

so, what projects are you taking? Inquiring (and jealous) minds want to know!

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous thea said...

hey, I for one love the scarf you're doing - those colors are amazing together! Liked the treasure hunt to find your trip too - have a blast, take some gorgeous knitting in nature shots and we'll see you in a few! Thea

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

I like the yarn you are using very much for the chevron scarf. I have tried it with sock weight yarn and have not been pleased with the results. Your is lovely!

Donna

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger JustApril said...

Cool vac stash! My dad lives in Jackson Hole, I love it up there. The scarf is very pretty - have fun!

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous wendy g said...

Have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

Have fun! I'm super-jealous...

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Dani said...

Have a fab time kiddo - glad you will be checking in from the road, you know we miss you!

And BTW< I like the scarf witht hat yarn, it looks soft and snuggly and the colors ARE really pretty =)

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger LazyDaisy said...

Have a great time, crazy sunshine girl!

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous anne said...

you're going to mountain colors!?! i'm so jealous! have a fabulous time.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I really like the Chevron scarf. The colors are wonderful and really look nice with the pattern - not dull at all. Now, vacation!!!! To Jackson. How wonderful. Where are you staying? Try not to buy out the entire inventory at Mountain Colors, but take lots of pictures so I can drool all over my keyboard!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

What a great vacation! I'm jealous. I too think the scarf looks beautiful...

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Rebecca said...

I'm pea green with envy!! I wish I could take a vacation. A REAL one. My "vacation" will be not having to wash my own dishes when I go home to NY for Thanksgiving/Christmas - lol.

Hope you have a GLORIOUS time and stay warm :)

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Dava said...

Ok, I was plenty green with envy when I saw you were going to these great parks, but Mountain Colors? I'm beside myself. I hope you bring back a head full of ideas for your wonderful dyeing projects!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger eastern white said...

lucky you, going to all those great places!! i hope you'll have a great time.

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Kathy said...

Have a wonderful vacation!! Can't wait to see the pictures.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i think the scarf looks great with that yarn! keep going:) have fun on your trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home