Monday, October 03, 2005

Lov'in the Lace

Finally its finished! It was quite the struggle to stay modivated on this one, but I love it! I had to fix it after I though I was done, which was annoying since the armpits were baggy and the straps were too long. I'm not thrilled with my quick fix straps, but I had no patience left. The armpits look better than before with the slip knot edge to cinch it up a bit. So, overall, I am happy and know that I will be wearing this alot this fall!

So, enjoy the pics and the few of Kali :) See below for project details. Happy Rosh Hashana to those of you who celebrate this sweet holiday :)





Pattern: Lace Camisole from Morehouse Farm
Yarn: Morehouse merino lace in soft white
Measurements: Approximately 32 inches wide up to 8 inches; then increased to 37 inches around. 14 inches from underarm to bottom. Straps are 9 inches.
Started: August 20, 2005
Finished: October 2, 2005
Other Important Details: I added some shaping to this camisole, as there was none in the pattern. I started with the medium and ended with the larger size. My gauge was smaller than the instructions called for, which made it more like a small with increases to the medium size. I started increases at around 7.5 to 8 inches. After I was finished, I realized the armpits were too big and the straps were too long. So, I did a crocheted slip knot border every third stitch around the armpit. This cinched it a bit, but I am extremely happy with how it fits. The straps.. I should have ripped apart rather than just sew some down to the inside. However, my patience was gone and I am happy overall. Oh, and one more thing... it only took three balls of merino lace rather than four. I used EXACTLY three to the inch!


24 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute, and fits great! Enjoy it!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

Dani, it is wonderful! looks so good on you:) kali was looking purrrty too!how are the dyeing classes and new job going?

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger DancingFish said...

Great top! I saw your comment on my blog- I go to Lehigh (PhD in Bio) but just started last year. AmandaMonkey and Hamster_Grrl both recommended your blog to me. It is a shame our time in PA didn't overlap. Nice to meet you in the blogosphere though!

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty! It looks great! :-)

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks AWESOME Dani! Great job. I hope that you get lots of use out of it! Way to go finishing a lace weight garment... impressive.

Johanna
Jofrog is Knitfrog

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty!
cara
earth mother

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

Ooof Dani, it looks so good! Almost enought to make me want to start knitting with laceweight... :)

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Bear Knits said...

It looks great! You make me want to try knitting lace.

Winnie

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Laura.Y said...

oh it looks so sweet on you! Very nice FO Dani!

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great Dani. It really suits you and looks great with the outfit you went with!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Dani said...

Looks great Dani! Perfect colour choice

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dani,

It looks smashing!! I wish I was able to keep pace with you, but so much of my knitting has come to a screeching hault ever since I got engaged. Maybe I will finish one of these days!

But it looks totally lovely and makes me want to pick mine up again!

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeeeeee? Told ya it was gonna turn out awesome =) It looks great on you to boot!Great job adding shaping and fixing the armpits, it looks like it fits exactly the way it should!

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

adorable !!!
congratulations you did a good job

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful! i love lace camisoles - so pretty ;)

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

PRETTY!!!

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful lace camisole! I know you will enjoy wearing it this fall. Kali is so cute too.

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute, it looks just lovely! And done in time to enjoy these last few days of tank-top weather, too.

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cami looks great -- so pretty! Happy New Year!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger sarah said...

I really like how it turned out! The shaping you put in there has made it fit beautifully. Plus you being a skinny mini probably helps :) Looks like your yarn dying business is still doing well. Congrats!

 
At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cute on you. Look at you! What a little hottie. I wish I had that tank. It is so pretty.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very pretty, and adorable kitty! (PS, I left feedback for the yarn today. I had a heck of a time finding where to do it, till I realized I wasn't logged in).

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

That's gorgeous! Sorry for the delayed comment, somehow Bloglines missed this feed...

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lacy Camisole is gorgeous, Dani! Perfect for showing off those swimmer's arms! ;-)

- MJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home