Saturday, May 20, 2006

Bring On The Green

The Ireland socks are finished and I am wearing them today on our trip across the Atlantic! So. Excited. I love how they came out.. so green, so stripey, so comfy.




Project specs:
Pattern: Just a basic sock with a short row heel and toe. I used Alison's yo tutorial over at the Blue Blog.
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns in Ireland
Measurements: Made to fit a women's US9. I knit these on an Inox US2 (which is really like a US1.5) and did the magic loop method.
Started: May 1, 2006
Finished: May 14, 2006
Other Details: I grafted the toe on the bottom and cast on 68 instead of my 64. Didn't need to do that, but they still fit fine!

Oh, and here is my backpack I'll be taking on the trip. Look at all the green yarn! There is some Sundara Yarn in Grasshopper as well as some more Sunshine Yarns in the Shamrock colorway. I am continuing the green overload for the next two weeks :)



See you all when I get back!!!

15 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

Have a great time!!!!!!! (nice socks, BTW).

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Bear Knits said...

Nice socks! Have fun!!!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Have fun! How could you not, with those great socks on your feet and such lovely yarn in your backpack?!

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip!! I'm sure you'll be totally inspired by the gorgeous countryside in Ireland.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Bon Voyage....
Traveling Mercies :o)

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger raquel said...

dani...have a blast! absolutely love the socks! can't wait to see your travel knit update when you return. and you know...i can't wait to see the yarn posts in the shop!!! a girl can dream...

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger Acornbud said...

Aaah, those are very lovely green socks, indeed!
Have a nice trip:)
PS. sorry it took me so long to figure out how to leave comments on etsy.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Norah said...

Have a wonderful trip!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger HeatherLakin said...

I love the socks! Have a wonderful trip Dani!

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a spectacular time!! And HELLO---- congratulations miss engaged girlie!! How exciting!

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I hope you have a WONDERFUL time in Ireland. The socks look awesome!!!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger sarah said...

Have so much fun!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

HAVE FUN!!!! ;)

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

I am in love with these colors!!!
Have a great time!!!

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger dianemulholland said...

I love your Ireland socks. I used Alison's pattern to knit my first ever pair of socks and I wouldn't do them any other way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home