Tuesday, April 18, 2006

No More Bathtub

I am loving these nice sunny, breezy days! The yarn is drying in a few hours rather than the few days it took all winter in my bathroom. Scott loves the fact that everytime he goes to take a shower, he doesn't have to shuffle yarn around for 15 minutes first :) I always have loved Spring, but this kicker just makes it even better!

Here is the first rinsed batch outside drying. These and some others are going to be posted tonight (April 18th) between 5:30 and 7:30pm. I have lots of Taos, Raspberry Limeade, Blacksmith, Neapolitan and Shamrock showing here:



In knitting news, I started a new project on Friday! I was hoping this was going to be quick, but it looks like this new Kiko yarn is being difficult. Its a mostly cotton yarn with all these little twists and kinks in it (Kiko is so the perfect name for this yarn). Therefore, the knitting is slow.. I am just about done with the back and its taken me probably 10 hours of knitting time. Owell, hopefully I can devote a good chunk of time again this week and get cracking on the front!

7 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Beth S. said...

That's a great picture. Happy spring yarns drying in the breeze! :-)

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, I feel your excitement! The winter is hideous for drying yarn! I've got 3 drying racks in my dining room at all times and usually had a fan and a heater going, and it still took 3-5 days to dry. Now, on the warm days, 36 hours. Yay for spring!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

I think you're lucky I don't live next door - you'd have to keep a close eye on all that gorgeous yarn!! I love the new purchases too - that DB Pure Silk is yum.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Plus I think that you get better yarn drying pictures on your deck than in your bathroom. :)

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Wow, So that's what it looks like before you hank it! How cool! Glad it drys quicker for you! I bet you enjoy having your shower free! :)

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a pretty picture =)

Hey did you hear your mention on the craft borg podcast yet? I was listeing at the puter the other night (instead of the ipod since I was working bleh) and They did this "Hey Dani are you listening" thing (regarding wanting you to make much more yarn) and Rich started laughing, wondering whren podcasts became personalized. I told him they were talking about YOU and he was laughing about having had lunch with a yarn celebrity =)

You thought you sold out quick before? LOL Im SO happy for you!!!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

it's really nice to see pictures of spring.. especially with good looking yarn as the focal point! ;)podcast? wow dani's a celeb!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home