Friday, April 07, 2006

Dangers of Working At A Yarn Store

As you can see below, working at a yarn store is dangerous. Most of my purchases are small, but every once in a while, when you just can't resist...



Yes, I did it Johanna. Check it... 8 skeins of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk in THE MOST GORGEOUS SHADE OF ORANGE EVER!!! My plans are to make this little cap sleeve summer top.



Another big purchase was for the skirt on the cover of the Spring Vogue. I have 6 skeins of chocolate brown as the main color. Call me boring, but pink is just not my thing! I think the brown will be fabulous in the spring and fall (if I can get it knit for this spring) since it can go with almost any color.



And I thought I had officially finished Scott's cardigan two nights ago; however, I am not happy with the dark colored thread on the orange zipper. The collar is a bit big, so it flops over in the front and makes the zipper stitching too much of a focus for me to handle. So, this weekend I am in charge of redoing it once again in a clear nylon thread (which I had no clue existed until work yesterday). Then a little more blocking, and hopefully I'll have pictures for you soon!

15 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that skirt, and I can't wait to see how your brown version turns out! But I am scared to knit skirts--you've made one before, does it wear okay? I'm worried about knit skirts stretching or snagging.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Jofrog said...

Wow! What a luxury! Hey, working in a yarn store just makes all of those luxurys more affordable. Go for it... oh right, you already did! Enjoy! Mmmm pure silk!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

I love orange - I can never find enough of it in yarn! I'm also a big brown fan - it is so versatile - I can't wait to see how your skirt shapes up!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Wow, that top is going to be totally dreamy wonderful!

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful silk yarn! I know it will be a dream to knit.

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dani... that book and the yarn are the only things i want to have this season. i wanted to make that one button cardi, and of course many other things with the silk yarn. let me know how you like them!!

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Beth S. said...

You work at a yarn store? Do they stock your hand-dyed? ;-)

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful shade of orange. I've only recently become a fan of orange - it has grown on me. I like the look of that top too and the skirt - you're providing more inspiration.

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOO, I just got that book and am looking at the same pattern! But the State Police will have any money that could have gone to it...Arrrggghhh. Can't wait to see you start yours. And don't forget about reviewing the yarny yarn yarn!

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Brandie said...

Just bought that magazine to make the skirt as well! I like the colors you chose for it! Can't wait to see it in progress! =)

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cap-sleeve top will be perfect for you. And that silk! Ooh yeah, I was fingering it at Loop last week.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

I think I am going to LOVE that skirt in brown! Good for you for splurging a little--that's what employee discounts are for :)

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it toatlly satisfying working at a LYS? Was there life before it? I don't remember! Yesterday was my year-aversary working at my shop. Yarn Yarn Yarn! Yay!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Gorgeous yarns! Look forward to seeing what your projects look like!

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute top! It's going to be scrumptious in the orange silk. Sorry for being so out of it but what pattern book is it in? I'd love to give it a try in turquoise.
Thanks!

Ruth
whist@pacbell.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home