Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Kinky Kiko

Finally. Finally. Its done. It wasn't too painful of an experience, except for the tie piece at the end. The yarn is different and a bit more challenging to knit with, but it has a nice texture. The pattern is okay, I would say about a 5 on a scale of 1-10. Flattering? Well, depends on who you put it on. I tried it on and it was way too small around the chest, and way to big around the stomach. There is shaping in there, but not enough for most women I think. If this were for me, I would have done the medium or large size on the top half, and the smallest size for the waist shaping.

Either way, its off to the store tomorrow and off of my needles. Phew!



Pattern: Kiko Top with Tie by Karabella Yarns
Yarn: Kiko in color #36913
Measurements: Women's medium with a 35" finished chest measurement
Started: April 14, 2006
Finished: June 7, 2006
Other Details: This yarn was probably the hardest thing I've knit with, but it has a nice texture and feel overall. Would I have made this for myself? Not in a million years. Too much texture for too large a chest.

5 Comments:

At 5:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate it when patterns come out like that. Very nice, still. So, do you do any other crafty things other than knitting and dying? Curious sockpals want to know!!!

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Acornbud said...

Ineresting looking top. I love all your pictures of Ireland. Very beautiful place.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i like the shape of the top, but your right the yarn is a little wierd... and the top is wierd for that matter too! but i still like it :) good job dani:)

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Loved your pictures of Ireland - makes me want to go back.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger alison said...

Hey, tried this one on at the store and it looked really cute on me. The design is nice (I folded those silly wings in though). Awesome job working with that crazy yarn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home