Monday, July 16, 2007

My First Webs

Yesterday I went out to Northampton for my first Webs experience! What an amazing place... a wonderful selection and even more wonderful discounts! The store was having a special Charmed Knits booksigning event with Alison, so of course a bunch of us had to go and show our support. They even had cake! It felt good to be in a happy Harry Potter environment, since I just saw Order of the Phoenix the night before and was still a bit traumatized.

I even splurged a little bit and came home with some beautiful yarns!



I absolutely love Jaeger yarns, especially the Siena and the Aqua. The Siena is great to use in patterns that call for Rowan 4-ply cotton and the Aqua is a great baby/kids knit yarn. I also couldn't resist the sweet deals on the Debbie Bliss cotton angora or the fun colors of the Artyarns Ultramerino.



The store was giving out little kits for the house colored bookmarks! Too cute :)



This yummy green Jaeger yarn also followed me home yesterday, but it came from Carol, not Webs! Thank you again Carol! We did a little yarn swap that left me with 16 balls of soft greeny goodness. On the way home I was brainstorming on patterns for myself, but then Scott started throwing hints on how it would be nice for him too.. hmm :)

8 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, little miss stasher! That's a lot of yarn :) I wish I had made it to WEBS while I was living in Boston... thank goodness they sell online, too.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Webs is a wonderful (dangerous)place, many tempting things!

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Great choices! If Scott likes the Jaeger too - maybe a unisex pullover?? I LOVE the sock yarn I got in our swap. The purple is fab.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger colleen said...

Thanks so much for posting about WEBS, I had a bad experience with DreamWeaver Yarns not having what i wanted (despite being allowed to place the order) and then "customer service" got quite snotty with me! They actually had what i wanted and it was actually cheaper!

Awesome!

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Hi Dani,
I was working at WEBS on Sunday while you were there shopping. You actually also just dyed some yarn for my mom's very good friend Pam and their knitting group. They all love the yarn. It have meant so much to all of them so thank you! :)

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi - I envy those on the east coast! I got my HP yarn! Love the colors! Reminds me of the dust cover for book 7!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I know you are gone on your honeymoon right now but when you get back, please stop by and check out my blog post for today. I was nominated for the Rockin' Girl Blogger award! In turn, I have to nominate 5 other ladies to receive this award. I chose you as "one of my 5". :) Come steal my Rockin' button award and pass it on. Thanks for being such a GREAT girl blogger!!

Jen

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
It was fun running into you that day. Nancy and I were up to our eyeballs in dyeing and colormixing in our dyeing class at Webs. Best of luck on your marriage!
Barbara (Nancy's sister)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home