Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Blue Ice

The last two days we've been doing some work and some exploring around Anchorage. The weather has been a bit spotty, but we still managed to drive down the peninsula to the Portage Valley. It was crazy windy and drizzling, but seeing all the blue ice made it worth it!




We went hardcore last night for dinner and ate at Simon and Seafort's. We couldn't come to Alaska and not have some king crab legs! We have been eating lots of seafood, but this was really nop notch. I'm still full this morning :)

8 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Jofrog said...

Wow, blue ice! That's so cool. (Um, no pun intended!)

I'm glad that you are having a great trip. Have a safe trip home.

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's amazing scenery.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Beverly said...

That second picture is SO stunning! It must be amazing in person!!

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incredible pictures. Eat some of that seafood for me.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

The world is so amazing! I've never seen blue ice before. :)

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger monica said...

That picture of the blue ice is amazing. It looks like everything else is in black and white. It sounds like you're having an awesome time!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger InkyOrchid said...

I love the blue ice in the glaciers. It's so beautiful and pure.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Karen said...

You hit one of my favorites - the blue ice! When I had trouble finding a shade of white to go with my sister's wedding dress, I convinced her to let me knit her an ice blue shawl (Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud in Horizon, I believe). I loved the blue and she loved the shawl.

I am appropriately jealous that you got to stand on the Mendenhall Glacier. I was there in 2002 on one of those 7 day cruises, but it rained the day we were in Juneau, so no helicopter to the glacier for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home