Monday, October 29, 2007

Everything From Fruit to Tires

If you are wondering about the title of this post, go listen to Glen Phillips Fred Meyers song! He is one of our favorite musicians and we were lucky enough to see him play here in Anchorage on Saturday night... If you have heard of Toad the Wet Sprocket, well, he was the singer for them and has since gone solo.

Some pictures from our trip up to Denali (aka Mt. McKinley):




And, views from our room:



The weather has actually been fairly rock'in so far up here in Anchorage. I was expecting the worst since it had originally said rain/snow every day on the weather channel. They still haven't changed the forecast, so I've just come to the conclusion that they leave it on that every day just in case :) We have had partly cloudy skies in the 30s - I can't complain! My favorite part about traveling this time of year is that you have no crowds. I would expect that the scenic area we stopped at would be full of RV's, but we were the only ones there. So. Frickin. Amazing.

P.S. Don't worry mom, I'm not broke from buying Qiviuk. I snatched up some of this instead!

5 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger lisa b said...

thanks for posting dani...so we can keep track of you...i am so jealous, i cannot believe you guys are there. safe travels and see you when you get back.xoxo

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger meliass said...

Oooh...I'm jealous that you got to see Glen in Alaska. Ironically, there are Fred Meyers there...the only one I've ever been to is in Fairbanks. When we were on a family trip to Alaska several years ago, one of my sisters and I probably recited the song to the family after our visit to the store. :)

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Hi Meliass :) I know, how funny are the Fred Meyers! We went into our first one on Saturday.. we sang the song all day long! The audience at the concert was so funny.. they laughed all through the song!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Amber said...

I actually got to see Glen when he was touring with Nickel Creek up in Lowell! Great show :)

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Carol said...

OMG - Toad the Wet Sprocket! I haven't heard that name since college! I loved them and saw them at a bar once. I think I have a tape of them somewhere....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home