Monday, January 21, 2008

I Heart KPPPM

My latest knitting obsession has been Koigu. This is a big step for me; Koigu is normally my - keep in skein, do not knit, its too pretty, hold onto forever - kind of yarn.

Here is what three skeins can do. I think it was worth it, don't you?!






I just couldn't stop knitting up the specked, dotty yarny yumminess....

Pattern: My version of Debbie Bliss's matinee coat in Baby Cashmerino
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM #P118L808
Needles: Addi 2.5mm and 3.25mm
Measurements: To fit a 6-12 month old
Started: January 4, 2008
Finished: January 14, 2008
Other Details: I changed quite a few aspects of the Debbie Bliss pattern to create this Koigu friendly version. Some of the basic changes had to do with the sizing and the sleeves.

And, shoes to boot!



Pattern: Sandals by Debbie Bliss in Baby Cashmerino
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM #P118L808
Needles: Addi 2.5mm
Measurements: To fit a 3-12 month old
Started: January 12, 2008
Finished: January 14, 2008
Other Details: Cute booties, but be careful, you may run out of yarn like I did. I had to go back and dig up the scrap ends!

20 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just beyond gorgeous! What a lucky baby!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OK, that does it: I have to get me some Koigu! Beautiful...

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

That is beautiful!! Great job! Why oh why do all my friends have boy babies!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Bertha said...

I *kneeeeew* it was Koigu! I *love* their speckled colorways! I have a very similar color to this in my stash and I too cannot bear to knit with it because it's just too pretty! These turned out adorable!

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I want to make it for my niece! However as she is already 9 months old...I'll have to find a pattern that goes a bit larger!

It is absolutely gorgeous...such a lucky baby!

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Rose said...

Beautiful! I made a pair of booties and couldn't handle the fiddly small button sewing. How do you do it?

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How beautiful! Well worth "spending" the yarn. :)

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Adrienne said...

So pretty! I love that colourway!

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Simply Beautiful!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Ivete Tecedor said...

*SO* cute! I love Koigu for baby knits!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Very adorable, and very worth it. Makes me want to repurpose some of the Koigu in my stash . . .

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are so adorable!!!! :)

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Lisa C. said...

The sweater is gorgeous. Koigu is my absolutley favorite yarn. Enjoy.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Cute set!
Hey did you see that my friend, Betz White, is plugging your beautiful yarns on her blog? They look great.
http://blog.betzwhite.com/

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this is SO cute and sweet!
Lovely!
LG Eva

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger kathy b said...

Oh the Koigu power.
You have created a gorgeous gift.

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, the koigu sure went far and it was worth it too!

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Great match of yarn and patterns. The set is just stunning!

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous! Am I crazy, or is this on display as a shop sample at Black Sheep knitting? I could swear I was fingering it there the other day. Beautiful marriage of pattern and yarn!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Oiyi said...

You always knit the best baby stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home