Thursday, February 07, 2008

Wintery Obsession

I couldn't quit. The entire month of January, I was totally and utterly addicted to Koigu. The small amount of knitting time I had, was all happy knitting - I loved watching each stitch, change from one color to the next.

These are going to be some lucky babies, checkout the latest getup:



Isn't it adorable?! If I were a baby, I would want to rock out (or poop) in these pants...




For those of you who want some super cute baby pants, you can find the pattern on Alison's blog. Isn't her wee one just too cute in the pinkie ones?

Pattern: Baby Bell Bottoms by Alison
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM # in an unreadable color
Needles: Addi and Inox 3.25mm circulars
Measurements: To fit a 3-6 month old
Started: January 10, 2008
Finished: January 28, 2008
Other Details: My gauge was a bit off with the Koigu, but not by much. I followed the 6 month sizing and ended up with a 3-6 month size. The only change I made was to knit the legs in the round using magic loop.

And the cutie bonnet....




Pattern: Top Down Bonnet by Hello Yarn
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM in an unreadable color
Needles: 3.25mm, I forgot what needles I used
Measurements: To fit a 0-6 month old
Started: January 14, 2008
Finished: January 20, 2008
Other Details: My gauge was a bit off with the Koigu (more than the pants). I'm thinking this hat will be more for a 0-3 month old, but with no babies to try it on, we'll have to wait until it gets gifted to see!

All in all, these projects used less than 2 skeins of Koigu! I probably could have done the next size up on at least the pants and been okay. Isn't it amazing how far it goes? Up next, darning...

12 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Those are so adorable! :)

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

So cute!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger spajonas said...

i love both of these! what lucky babies!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

super cute!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Bertha said...

Ahhh, so cute!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Koigu is awesome. These are adorable! Love 'em. :)

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

So cute!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Sue said...

What a fashionable baby that will be. I love it!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh my lordy - those are fabulous. Especially the bell bottoms - *I* totally want to rock out in them! But I'm sure they will look way cuter on a baby.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

Those are so cute I really love the color of the yarn

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute!! I would love to take my child to a little hippie event in those! Or anywhere really...the style of the bell bottoms is so adorable!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Beautiful knitting, Dani, as always. Love the bonnet, love the baby pants! Glad you got the trekking. Thanks for the heads up, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home