Sunday, October 23, 2005

Full Of Mohair

Please excuse the plant growing out of my head, but I have been putting off these pictures for a few days now. I wore the Mohair Singlet to work on Saturday after finally blocking it on Friday night. I think its really comfortable and am happy with the yarn I used. Overall, I give it an 80% in terms of how it looks on me. I think the fit is great, but I think it sort of puffs me up if that makes ANY sense at all. I mean, common, its mohair :)

So, even though it was really dark and rainy when I got home from work at the yarn store today, I tredged outside for the photographs..




And the project details:
Pattern: Mohair Singlet from Jo Sharp's Contemporary Knitting Issue 2
Yarn: GGH Soft Kid in #78
Measurements: 37" bust, 30" body circumference, 22" long
Started: October 8, 2005
Finished: October 21, 2005
Other Important Details: I knit the large size with different yarn. My gauge ended up giving me the medium size, which was perfect. This does stretch after wear and will probably need to be re-blocked every once in a while. I also knit this in the round rather than doing a seperate front and back.

10 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! And proof that we can still be knitting "quick" tank tops as the weather chills. It looks great!

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The top looks great, Dani. How do you find the time for such a speedy knit while working like a demon?

Thanks for the info on dyeing. I'm sending off the goodies to my backtack partner down under. (I've even kept a skein for myself to give it a try.)

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice color!

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Kit said...

That looks awesome on you!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Bear Knits said...

It looks great on you!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger kris said...

i love the singlet! the colour is beautiful and you look great in it. i have the yarn and pattern for this and now i think i need to get started!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

Hi Hon - Yet another fantastic job, and it looks really warm. So here's a weird question: what needles did/do you knit mohair on? I'm working on this Branching Out with alums (the first needles I found) and it's very slippery. It doesn't help that Teak keeps attacking them, forcing me to drop stitches...

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd give it a 110% for how it looks on you. try different t-shirt colors underneath...maybe it's the stark contrast with the white that's got you thinkin'

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

uh uh i love it very cute dani!

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great top! I've seen the book too, and I like the fact that it can be for summer or winter. Have a wonderful vacation Dani!

- MJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home