Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Sunshiney

I love making up words, hence the title of my post.. but, I just couldn't resist because I made a bunch of notecards yesterday and they were very "sunshiney". I bought this great new stamp and some coloring pens and "got creative". There are five different sayings I came up with, but my favorite is: purl the day away. Johanna seemed to like that one too :) Go check out the gorgeous sweater she is making and say hello!



I did some more dyeing the last few days including the custom order, Green Bay Packers yarn. I was happy with how it came out, though I still can't seem to get a really rich dark forest green. I think this green is perfect for the Packers though :)

I did realize that a few of the dyeing issues I have been having off and on are due to the Knitpicks yarn I use. I did another custom order with a special request yarn.. Henry's Attic Kona superwash fingering weight yarn. Oh man, I wish it were economical for me to use this yarn all the time. It was 580 yds of pure beauty and held the colors perfectly! I will be using this yarn in the future if I actually dye up some sock yarn for myself. Speaking of which, I wonder if my dad would wear Broncos socks?! I can get the yarn for about $11 per skein, but you have enough for two pairs of socks.. Unfortunately, that would cost about $30 dollars to sell, and though it looks like a lot of money, at least you have way more yarn (and its superwash to boot). So, if anyone is interested in this, I am totally willing to custom order with this in the future since it was a pure pleasure to work with.



And last but not least, the camisole is getting there as I am finally at the armholes! I should finish this week, so come back this weekend and check out some FO's!

9 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

you rock! I can't wait to get my Green Bay Packers yarn. woot!

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pssst - dont tell Rich but if that's what you want to use for my (WHENEVER YOU GET TO IT) Isles yarn, it's fine by me =)

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH! PS because i hit publish too quick - LOVE the note cards - TOO cute! Were the markers special for stamping, or just regular markers? You are so creative - I think you stole it all out of our name and left me none ;-)

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The notecards are adorable! And Packers yarn... that's another one I want to see knitted up. I managed to live in Wisconsin for 5 years without ever seeing a Packers game. I did learn that Packers Sundays are the best time to go to WalMart or the grocery store, as there are NO lines. Crazy cheeseheads!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Beth said...

love, Love, LOVE the cards!!! Will you be selling them? Do tell - I gotta have 'em!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

oooh - those cards are so very cute!

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Laura.Y said...

oh quick quick! I wanna see ur camisole! :D Very cheerful cards you made there.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

that's only $1 more than you current price - 440 yards at $22 = 580 yards at $29. I think you should go for it!
in the meantime, I am buying the watermelon that is up on Etsy. And I was so proud of myself for going 24 days without buying yarn .....

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Your yarn is beautiful...and may I add...

Go Pack Go :o)

Donna in Wisconsin
aka Crazy Cheesehead.
hee hee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home