Monday, March 26, 2007

Brunch It in Style

Ever since I saw Alison's copy of the new Sublime Little Handknit Book, I've been obsessed with the Sunday Brunch Jacket (see it in white?!). It is just so cute and seems practical for a wee one since there is lots of growing room with a longer sleeve and the dress like shape. So, where is it?! Well, I blocked it last week and it has been sitting all folded up ready for a picture. Mind you, there are now creases all over the place...




Now, you may be in shock to see something pink on my blog. However, I just loved this super cute pink color of Rowan cashsoft dk and just had to give it a whirl. 4 balls and not quite 2 weeks later, voila! (The cashsoft was a wonderful replacement for the Sublime yarn.. I got both stitch and row gauge dead on).

Pattern: Sunday Brunch Jacket from the Sublime Little Handknit Book
Yarn: Rowan Cashsoft dk #506
Measurements: 1 year old size
Started: March 9, 2007
Finished: March 21, 2007
Other Details: This was a fairly easy knit. However, the pattern had some mistakes, so just make sure you double check your numbers and use the schematic. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me about the mistakes :) The only sort of rough part about this pattern was with the finishing and the collar. I think I would give myself a B for seaming on this one. I just didn't get the sleeves in their perfectly, and we all know how hard it is to do a good job with seed stitch seams. The collar refused to sit right (like in the book picture), so I doctored up the collar with a single ply of the cashsoft and sort of sewed it in place.

Just a quick note: A Sunshine Yarns update is coming tomorrow, March 27th at 11am EDT. Stop by to check out the Harry Potter inspired yarns :)

9 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Beth said...

No matter how small the baby - that's a LOT of seed stitch. My hat is off to you!

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Elinor said...

How adorable! I love seed st for baby knits!!! It looks so crisp! Seed st seems are harder though. The baby will never know!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Katie Cannon said...

That is just the cutest baby sweater that I have ever seen. I love the seed stitch.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

So pretty! It is a gorgeous pink. I love seed stitch.

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Terri Lynn said...

Brilliant, and so darn cute!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger handknit168 said...

Oh, it is adorable and I always love the seed stitch. The seed stitch is simple but beautiful.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Beautiful sweater!

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Amy said...

That is just the sweetest sweater ever. Congratulations!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Alison said...

Love the Sunday Brunch Jacket, that is just so sweet. My baby must-knit list is growing way too fast... but someday there will be grandchildren to knit for, right?
And I think that's a great pink,
happy knitting,
ali

 

Post a Comment

<< Home