Friday, April 27, 2007

The Final Chapter

This is it people.. no more hats for me for a while! I think there is 16 total. I need to get a group shot, but unfortunately that will have to wait for another week or so. The last few were a bit painful, but I think they all came out wonderful in the end... A big thank you to Susan B. Anderson, for creating such a beautiful book :)



Pattern: Upside-down Daisy from Itty Bitty Hats
Yarn: Debbie Bliss cotton dk in periwinkle, Rowan handknit cotton in white and green
Measurements: 0-6 month size
Started: April 15, 2007
Finished: April 17, 2007
Other Details: One of my favorites! This took no time at all :)



Pattern: Painted Turtle from Itty Bitty Hats
Yarn: Manos Cotton Stria in #206 orange, other cotton stria leftovers used for turtles and embroidery
Measurements: 6-12 month size
Started: April 13, 2007
Finished: April 19, 2007
Other Details: Scott and I are a bit obsessed with turtles. I think this one is going to have to wait it out in "the drawer" for our little ones someday :)



Pattern: Candy Cane from Itty Bitty Hats
Yarn: Tahki Cotton Classic in red and white
Measurements: Newborn size
Started: April 17, 2007
Finished: April 21, 2007
Other Details: I think I liked this one more in the book than in person. Its cute, but I think I would use wool yarn next time.



Pattern: Marshmallow Bonnet from Itty Bitty Hats
Yarn: Rowan Cashsoft dk #800, some leftovers in pink
Measurements: 0-6 month size
Started: April 15, 2007
Finished: April 22, 2007
Other Details: Very cute, but a little too girly for me. This will make a great gift, even though I sewed the turning row to the wrong side. I ended up adding a crocheted chain to the eyelets to make it all better :) Thanks to my elephant, Ellie, I had something to model it on!



Pattern: Ribbons from Itty Bitty Hats
Yarn: Rowan Cashsoft dk #809
Measurements: 0-6 month size
Started: April 25, 2007
Finished: April 26, 2007
Other Details: I can't get enough of these ribbon hats! I have so many ideas in my head for different color/ribbon combo's. This yarn was gifted to me by a super generous Sunshine Yarns customer. Thank you Cassie! And, wait until you see the little top I did to match it...

15 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger Briana E. said...

OH GAWD! The adorableness is almost too painful. I'm going to amazon.com to order the book right now.
Very nice hats!

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm addicted to these hats, too, though i've only completed one.
yours are just to die for. truly.

 
At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I really, really love your hats, you're doing such a fantastic job with knitting up these gorgeous, different designs! Beautiful!

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Sheri at The Loopy Ewe said...

I LOVE that book, but have not made a single hat out of it yet. Your hats are wonderful and very inspiring!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

They're all awesome! I thought it was cool when you first posted about this.. I have a local friend who also intends to knit every hat in that particular book!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger dorothee said...

I just love that book and can't wait to knit a hat from it. I would have loved to knit one for my nephew (1.5 years old), but his mom - my sister - said her son's hats must match the colors of his winter jacket, or else she won't put the hat on his head. THAT definitely put me off :-(

Btw, how many hanks of Sunshine Yarns would I need to make a pair of socks?

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dani,
I have enjoyed your beautiful itty-bitty knitting once again. Thanks for sharing all of your creations.
susan

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Terri Lynn said...

I looked througth the book last weekend, but had to hold off getting it. The last hat (with flower on top ) is one I have been designing....Oh, well, lovely to see all the hats. Your work is so sweet!

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings and saluations!

I am your sockapalooza 4 pal (oOoo). I've gotten your information and went to my local SNB tonight and I thought I picked out a great yarn for you... but I'm not sure:
1. How much you want to know beforehand. Are you one of those "Don't tell me, I want it to be a surprise!" types?
2. You talk about color but don't discuss yarn types that you prefer. Are you an "All wool, all the time" type or are you cool with a blend?
3. What are your favorite types of snack food?

Also, I'm so pleased that you like lace because I'm all about the lace knitting!

I took a walk through your archives and noticed your HP-themed socks. Wow! With the next movie coming up, will you do a batch? I'd love to pick up some in my house colors someday. Hee! (I dress up in Gryffindor even though I'm really a Ravenclaw in terms of personality.)

Anyway, will write again soon!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger kathy b said...

Wow. It has been fun to watch them all knit up by you! I love the bonnets. Always love bonnets the most. :)

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger AsKatKnits said...

What cute baby attire! Thanks so much for the amazing "Airy" sock yarn with a pattern! Your work is simply divine. I love it! Thank you so much!!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

I bought this book on Friday, and the turtle hat is one of the standouts to me! I need to pick up some stria and make it.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Lumie said...

All of your hats have lead me to go out and buy the book. I luckily have a baby boy to knit for. I am now counting you as an enabler (I sure hope that is spelled right).

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

I just found your blog via the blue blog and it is great! I love all the hats, they are so cute. It is silly to want a ribbon hat for myself? Please say no.

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O so cute!! I have to take a look at that book!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home