Thursday, December 06, 2007

Flower Power

Little girlie baby and kid designs in pinks and frills just don't do it for me. I love bold colors, retro and mod designs and anything cute with a flower on it. Evidence #1, Kaya's 1st birthday sweater:




From the second I saw this fabulous design in Susan's new book, Itty Bitty Nursery, I just knew I had to make it. It was a really fun knit, a balance of basic knitting and fun embelishing. A cutie knit for a cutie little girl....

Pattern: Flower Cardigan in Itty Bitty Nursery by Susan B. Anderson
Yarn: Manos Cotton Stria in (crap, I lost the yarn labels), I think it was Denim for the main color
Needles: Addi US 5
Measurements: An approximate 1-2 size
Started: October 1, 2007
Finished: December 3, 2007
Other Details: I can never get 5 sts/1" with this yarn. I followed the 6-12 size (and the 1-2 length measurments) and ended up with a 1-2 year size. I made the flower petal and center bigger and did a 3 sts i-cord instead of a 2.

Evidence #2 - I kept the flower power going with the Petal Bibs from One Skein. I just loved these colors together;




Pattern: Petal Bibs from One Skein book by Leigh Radford
Yarn: Rowan Handknit cotton in 316, 305 and 314
Needles: Addi US 6
Measurements: One size
Started: November 27, 2007
Finished: December 1, 2007
Other Details: So cute! Really quick and interesting. You can easily do one of these a night...

11 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

It's so nice for you to knit up some color on this cold winter's day! So adorable! :)

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Oiyi said...

The sweater and bibs ae too cute!! I really love the colors you used.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger JanuaryOne Cara said...

Too freaking cute!!!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. I dont like using pastels for baby knits either, and I think the colors you used are just beautiful. I am sure she will look so cute in them too.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Bertha said...

So awesome!! I bet Jo loved the sweater!!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Rose said...

Beautiful! I bought the Itty Bitty Hats a while back based on your recommendation! I've been looking at that petal bib for awhile and I guess I'll have to make a few now. Maybe after Christmas though. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Lara 900 said...

very cute cardigan!!!!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Oh my, you knit so beautifully, Dani. That color is stunning. I have heard that people have trouble getting gauge with this yarn, I don't know what it is. Your cardi is wonderful. Thanks for sharing!
susan
*love those bibs, too!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. I can feel the cuteness all the way down here!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Johanna said...

Thank you Dani!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Nik said...

How. freaking. cute. is. that. sweater?

Cute and artsy, the design is simply beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home