Thursday, April 14, 2005

Gearing it up

After I finished my first sock, I thought I wasn't going to have a ton of modivation to keep up the hardcore knitting. But, as I have discovered, I am a do or die type of person and I am going crazy trying to finish my other few projects. The reason for my psychotic whirlwind is that I ordered two new knitting books from Amazon and I know that as soon as I get those in the mail, new projects will begin (I refuse to let myself have more than four projects going at the same time)! I also am trying to finish this drop-stitch scarf for Mother's Day. I am just about half way finished and I love how its turning out. I am using Kiogu yarn which is fantastic for this lace scarf. The pattern is super easy:

Knit 6 rows, Next row (row 7) *k1, 2yo* repeat ending with a k1. Next row (row 8) *k1, drop 2yo* repeat ending with a k1. Repeat this 8 row series for as long as you like! I think I cast on 27 stitches to start.

2 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That scarf looks AWESOME! And it sounds easy enough!

Im almost done with sock one, after my friend Cee helped us thru our relationship crisis *s* I have a bunch of stuff i want to start but since SSS is SO rampant, i wont even think about it untill AFTER the pair is done. THEN I can run a few WIPs at a time.

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that scarf looks terrific! I might have to make one too. The colorway is so so perfect. How much Koigu will it take?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home