Monday, April 18, 2005

My Experiment

Ok-- So, my aunt gave me some extra fabric of hers to make a few needle holders for her, myself and my cousin. I used the pattern in the Stitch N' Bitch book. Problems developed from the start:

1. Didn't measure the fabric as perfectly as I should have. When you are using 4 layers of fabric, make sure its perfect!

2. I need a sewing machine! Too much sewing and it turned out too uneven in the end.

I wasn't crazy with the finished project. I gave it too my cousin but am planning on making a few more once I can use my aunt's sewing machine. Here are a few pictures of my finished product. I am a bit ashamed by it, so I am calling it my experimental version!

The roll-your-own needle case

The inside of the case


At 9:19 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

I love the fabrics you used, and I'm totally impressed you sewed that by hand! Amazing!

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Thanks Nicole. The picture actually makes the outside fabric look really dull, but its all these pretty shades of green. Thanks for your kind comments!


Post a Comment

<< Home