Sunday, May 15, 2005

Aran Update

The Aran pocketbook is making good progress due the the Reynolds Lopi yarn I am using. I love Lopi and I like the color, I am just a bit dissapointed in the appearance of the cables. The center cable looks nice, but some of the other cabling blends in. I am not sure why, since this is my first time with cables. All I know, is that they should be more apparent on lighter colors. Either way, the bag is going to look really good when blocked and put together. Today, I went to the fabric store because I decided I wanted to line the inside of the bag. I picked out two different fabrics since I couldn't decide which one I liked more! I also have this stellar button I found at Black Sheep Knitting Company last week. So, which fabric should I use?!!??!




In other news, I volunteered for the Preemie Project. This is a volunteer group that is organized/run/managed by Laura and focuses on donating knit hats/booties/blankets to preemie babies at the University of Iowa Hopitals and Clinics in Iowa City, IA. If you have the desire to knit up a few baby items (which go really quick since they are absolutely tiny!) and want to help, go check out the project homepage!

7 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks AWESOME Dani, I am so happy you were able to find the boo boo in the pattern and get it right! The fabrics are great and that button - WOW! I am torn with which liner to use, since they both would work, and either one you cose will look great!

SO happy you were able to jump right into that book =)

 
At 4:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like both those fabrics! Hmm...if it really came down to it, though, I'd probably go with the one on the right.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Dharia said...

sometimes cables will shape up and "pop" much more after they are blocked... this might happen with yours!

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd go with the fabric on the right. The left one is lovely, but somehow the pattern stands out a little too much. The button goes better with the right, too.

Are there cables on the diagonal part of the center? Is that where you're talking about the blending in?

-MJ

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Hi There

I just found your site through another that you had left a comment on. I noticed because we have the same name. And even more interesting is that the first person to comment on this post was also a Dani. I have never met another Dani in my life, and now I see there are at least two that knit! :)

I think that you should use the darker grey fabric. I am sure the cables will show up better when it is blocked.

Dani
danimiller.com/ksc.htm

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i like the multi colored fabric, gives it a little pep! i alos have volunteered for laura but i haven't made anything yet. i will probably send some yarn her way soon! on second thought i like the other fabric, a little more sophisticated right?

 
At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is going to be great! I like the fabric on the left.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home