Sunday, May 01, 2005

In the Making

I started this Kerchief Scarf out of Last Minute Knitted Gifts last night and its supposed to take less than 2 hours. However, I have been working on it for at least an hour and a half and I am probably not quite half way. This is one of the two simple projects I am making for my Aunt (who is like my Boston mother). She was even kind enough to get my cousin Rachel and I tickets to see Kaffe Fassett at The Museum of Fine Arts this morning! He was amazing! I knew that he did a lot of intarsia knitting work, but I had no idea he was so into flowers, embroidery and mosaics! My Aunt is in charge of restoration at the museum and was able to get us last minute tickets. So, she deserves a few Mother's Day presents.

Other than that, we made a trip out to Barnes and Noble, where I purchased some GRE study material (yes, I think I might apply for, gulp, Ph.D. programs this fall). We also went to Paper Source in Coolidge Corner so I could buy some beautiful wrapping paper and cards for my handmade Mother's Day presents. Other than that, just kicking back and enjoying the rest of the afternoon. We had a rainy morning today, but the skies just cleared and the sun is calling me...


2 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, I am SO glad that someone besides me has problems with the LMKG timelines! I was starting to feel like a knitting mutant. I've started doubling their suggestions as a starting point.

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK woman, if you keep churning out projects like this, your needles are going to smoke! You're making the rest of us look like slackers LOL (We share a name, could ya send me some of your speedy gonzales-ness PLEASE?)

Im so happy you got in to see the lecture! Sounds like you had a great day too! Our weather was exactly the same, cold rainy dreary morning, beautiful spring afternoon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home