Thursday, May 12, 2005

A Day of Yarn

Today, is a good day because I bought lots of new yarn. I am at this awkward point in my knitting, because I have finished most of the projects I was working on and am excited to start some new ones.... (Though a bit anxious at having to choose only a few). My first purchase of the day was on Knit Picks. I purchased this in 23510 lettuce for my Hourglass sweater. Yes, I finally bought yarn and gave up the Cash Iroha hunt! I was really stuck on doing the sweater in the orange iroha but was completely sold on this yarn and color though (not to mention the price).

My second yarn purchase was at my favorite LYS, Black Sheep Knitting Company. After the present I received from Dani yesturday, how could I resist NOT making anything out of my new book?! So, I decided, after a long, hard thought, to make the Aran Pocketbook. I love the Lopi yarn I picked out (this nice soft brown color) and am proud of the fact I am finally putting my foot down and making something with cables. I have been avoiding cables like the plague for some reason?!

Off to work on my new project!



5 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger alltangledup said...

Nice haul.. any day with a yarn purchase is a VERY good day

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

w00t - gotta love new projects!

 
At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cables are REALLY easy, I promise!

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

purchase is lovely!!!!

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the colors, and the fibers! And I know you can do the cables (and somehow I KNEW that would be your 1st choice int hat book LOL)

ENJOY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home