Friday, May 27, 2005

Froggy Day

I started this sock last night and this is what I ended up with... Could it be a wristband??? Tempting, but no. After a brief frogging episode, I ended up with a lovely pile of yarn and the same Trekking Yarn I started with. I was obsessed with this yarn, when I saw a few other people using it, but am not as happy with how it knits up in terms of the colorway. Don't get me wrong, I love the colors, I just don't like the twist as much as I though I was going to.

The reason why I frogged this was that the cast on edge was way to loose. I used size 1US for this, but am going to try casting on with a 1 and moving to a 2 to keep it a bit more even overall. I highly recommend The Knitter for Trekking and other nice yarns. They have free shipping and have super nice customer service. I emailed back and forth with Judy about yarn, stock and, of course, Boulder since that is where they are based and that is where I am from!

I have an exciting day tomorrow... I am venturing out to the the Massachusetts Sheep and Woolcraft Fair! Check out this for more information!


9 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the colors in that sock yarn...

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a minute, you;re jealous of my days off, but you're going to Mass S & W? Uh, no way chicky, methinks we're even, or you're ahead!!! OK, maybe back to even since I am going to FF tomorrow ;-) Cant wait to compare notes on our days!!

LOVE the colors in the sock yarn, what aren't you happy with?

My WEBS order arrived today so I have been fighting with the vintage bubble bag. Im not sure why, nothing has really gone wrong, and the color combo's I picked dont seem as bad as Id feared, but something is just "off" - we'll see how it goes!

Back to folding laundry and knitting away - HAVE FUN TOMORROW!!!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger claudia said...

Hope to see you tomorrow!

 
At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sock yarn looks like a lovely colorway - which one is it? Enjoy the fiber fair! I hope to go to one of these someday.

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I rather like the colorway. Have fun at Cummington!!
--secret pal

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Dani said...

Just FYI-- This is Trekking color 100. Its super nice to work with and is going to make great/fun socks! I'll definitely take lots of pictures tomorrow and will hopefully bump into some fellow bloggers :)!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger alltangledup said...

i love that colourway and stashed some when I was in NY. I haven't knitted with it yet, but it just looks so pretty on the skein. I don't like those colours individually but they really do sing together. I hope that it does work out.

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used this same colorway for my socks and they turned out pretty cool, a little funky and not really matching but in a cool way ;-)

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought two skeins of the 100, in the same dyelot, and you wouldn't believe the difference in colors. I should post them side by side at some point. Have you tried a cable cast on? It's tighter ... I actually use a needle one size larger to cast on and work the first inch before going down a size so that the sock can be slipped over the heel easily enough but still tight enough to stay up around the leg. Keep at it!

Kerstin
crazydaisy.us

 

Post a Comment

<< Home