Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I Love Lettuce

I really love this yarn that came in the mail today from Knit Picks! Nothing like coming home from a crappy day of work to find this on your doorstep... I am super excited to start the hourglass sweater with this yarn, but am going to hold out until the weekend so I can finish up my Aran Pocketbook and my Classic Socks. I also need to get a new set of needles. This is my first official sweater, so bear with me through this one!


My Andean Silk Yarn that showed up today


A close-up of this fabulous lettuce colored yarn

Since I made another trip to Allendale Farm this past weekend for some soil, I picked up a few other things. Introducing orange cherry, sweet red, and large yellow tomato plants in my new yellow metal planter and a pretty picture of Ms. Geranium sitting atop the table...

10 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Pretty colour of yarn. I had to laugh when I saw the title - my LYS is Lettuce Knit!

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty color. Your first sweater? Exciting! You'll do fine. If you need any help, just holler. I can hear you out in the 'burbs, you know.

Kerstin
crazydaisy.us

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am loving that green colour.I'm not the biggest green fan in the world but that is beautiful.good luck
cara
earth mama

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That green looks wonderful.. matches the leaves of your plants! I'll be interested to see what you think about the Andean Silk.

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your very first sweater - how exciting! I love the color and can't wait to hear what you think about the yarn.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Andean Silk so! I had an opportunity to fondle it at Circles during the Harlot's book signing. This just reminds me that I need to place a KnitPicks order soon!

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummmm that sweater is gonna be awesome!!
The color looks yummy too!! I will be ordering from there as soon as the flying fingers trip is over LOL cant spend any money on yarn before that =)

Hows the Aran bag coming???

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Hello!

Thanks for all your nice comments! I am super happy with this yarn and can't wait to get started. The Aran bag is blocked and I am about half way through the handle (which I hope to finish tonight). I still have the lining to sew up and in, but I am figuring it will be done and ready to debut tomorrow night! Yay!

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that colour is divine! I've got some noro sitting her to make the hourglass sweater...just waiting for a new needle to arrive in a box of sock yarn from Germany. Unfortunately it on the slow boat.

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh... Isn't that yarn fabulous? I have one skein of that color in my stash. Maybe it's time to order a few more and join you in the hourglass sweater knitting? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home