Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day News

As promised, here is what I purchased on Saturday at MSWF (a few things I can't post, due to the whole SP5 stealth-like situation). The yarn below was my favorite thing I found and is the softest Alpaca EVER! Its by Colour Spectrum Yarns (never heard of them before) and this huge skein is a 600 yd. sport weight yarn in Stormy Skies. I fell in love with it at first site and am going to make something wonderful for either Scott or I with this. I was actually shocked too at how cheap it was and wished they had more than the natural colors available. Wouldn't this look awesome in various shades of blues or greens?!I also bought some Maple Sugar, some incredible honey and some hand salve stuff that is supposedly great for knitters.



As far as the knitting, I have been working on the Hourglass sweater and am pretty far already (I am getting close to the first increase). I worked up a lot of this in the car on our way out to Cummington and while we were watching a movie last night. I screwed up the first decrease row...I forgot to do the decrease at the half-way marker, so if you look really closely, you can see a double decrease on the one side. I didn't actually realize I did this until 10 rounds later, so there was no going back for me. I figure that since this is my first sweater, I am allowed to make mistakes!



In other news, I am super excited about SP5! I can't wait to send out a present for my secret pal... but am also super curious to find out who has me! I know, I know... I got a long way to go for that one! Oh, and I FINALLY posted my Amazon Wish List on my blog under Favorite Links just in case anyone is curious! Hope everyone is having a relaxing and beautiful Memorial day weekend.

5 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That fiber looks AMAZING! Do they have a web site or is there anyone who distributes online?

I wish I had taken pictures today as I had hoped, I have spent the entire day AGAIN working, and am quite cranky about it. I wanted to flet my vintage bubble (yea, I finished it last night) but it isnt happening tonight - I still have a few more hours in front of the damn PC but I had to take a mental health break. I am off tomorrow though and the only thing I have is a Dr appointment late afternoon, so I will get those pictures done, and posted to my blog tomorrow, and hopefully get my bag felted as well - we'll see!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

ohhh. that alpaca looks so wonderful, and if the price is right that makes it even better! the hourglass sweater looks good, love the color.
p.s. those naked sheep look cute:)

 
At 4:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not a mistake...it's a design element ;-)

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger claudia said...

Hi Dani! Sorry to miss you on Saturday...honestly I didn't think that fair was big enough to hide anyone.

;-)

 
At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hourglass is such a pretty color!!!! :)

-Lara
http://knit.vibegrrl.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home