Friday, July 15, 2005

I Wish I Had Twins

Look at my new sock! I wish it already had a twin, but soon enough. I am extremely happy with how it turned out considering it was my first magic loop sock. It fits perfectly since I added an extra 1/2 inch to the heel flap to account for my massive arch. I also made sure I had enough stitches around (66) and enough length (6.5 inches) before the toe decrease. The sock felt super soft on my foot and was really comfortable to wear. Mind you I looked like I lost a few screws when I went outside to water plants with only one sock on. I think the neighbors were a bit confused until I told them I was trying on a sock I just finished knitting... they still looked confused. I don't think they knew what knitting was!? Owell, I tried.

Have a great Friday everyone and thank you thank you thank you for all your kitty birthday wishes!



11 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sock looks super--you managed to make self striping yarn look classy! (I have problems with that, but then again, my goal isn't usually classy socks. :))

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its beautiful. I am loving the rainbow colors. Its giving me a crazy idea to dye sock yarn in this way with Kool-aid..

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sock is gorgeous!! Love the colors.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Perfect sock! Love it. I wasn't sure I was crazy about the colorway when you started it--but now that I see it all knit up, I want some of that yarn for myself!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

oooh! i love the sock very pretty! i love the colorway, what did you use again trekking? i will look back at previous posts to find out:)

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its gorgeous! I cannot wait to be able to play and try and "get" the magic loop method Maybe you shoud just come back down and play teacher ;-)

Seriously Dani, it's awesome!!

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've gotta get me some of that wool,its really pretty
cara
earth mother

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So jealous am I!! Talking like Yoda I do!!

I'm done.

The sock looks great. I can't wait to get started making socks myself and hopefully they'll fit and look half as good as yours!!

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're awesome! I did the same thing after I finished my first sock. I wore it around all day. mind you it may have looked a little less wierd on me b/c I have a thigh length stocking on my bad leg that I always wear.

Anyhow, good for you! You're the best Dani. Love the sock.
Oh I'm sending out the flyers and tags in the mail tomorrow. Since I'm still physically unable to drive I had to wait until I found someone to go to the post office. I was promised that one of my parents will go in the morning. So, you should be getting it soon. Love yA!

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh! I love the new sock! I wish I had a finished pair to wear but I'm too impatient. I Knit one and then want to try a new pattern or yarn. So I end up with all theses solo socks. Oh well =)

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Christine said...

great sock... pretty colors...can't wait to see the mate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home