Thursday, July 07, 2005

Sock Away the Sadness

Not much knitting news here this week. Mostly, I have been working on my Trekking sock. Its going pretty quickly, I am just about on the foot! I did also start the wavy skirt but had to frog because I knit the first stitch marker INTO the yarn, and I refused to cut the stitch marker since it was one from Amy!

UPDATE: These socks are made with Trekking XXL yarn in color #100. I bought it at www.theknitter.com where you get a reasonable price and free shipping! I am using size 1 turbo addi needles and the magic loop method. I really do love the MLM with the exception of when you have to pick up stitches on the heel. It was fairly awkward and I did get a few gaps which I need to go back and fix when I am done. All in all, I really do think that the MLM is a quicker and easier way to knit socks. I can knit more relaxed if that makes sense. I know I will go back and knit socks using DPN's at some point, but for now I am all magic!




Sorry I sound down today, I am just really upset by what happened in London... Are you all okay over there?! I strive to think that this world will be peaceful someday, and that all the hate and anger will dissolve into happiness.

5 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

Dani, I i too wear the weight of the world on my shoulders! It really upset me too. I love your trekking sock are you doing it on magic loop? looks pretty!!!! your friend amanda is so sweet, and talented. really enjoy eyeballing her works!

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*huggles*

I've always romanticized living in London. Maybe I've seen too many British movies and love Harry Potter too much. It deeply saddens me as well.

*more hugs!*

PS - great sock btw ;) Me = jealous

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger katie o. said...

Your sock looks great-I'm working with Trekking XXL right now too-I wish I'd been bolder in my color choice, though-mine's all blue shades. The vivid yellow/green in yours looks nice!

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Cupcake said...

Can you tell us what yarn you're using? It's gorgeous! Also, what size needles? How's Magic Loop? Do you like it better than knitting socks in the round?

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sock is looking gorgeous dahling! I know what you mean about being upset. We're all feeling it too. I'm just trying to send prayers and positive thoughts their way. =0) I think it's scary that these things continue to happen. I sure hope that it won't happen here again. (sigh)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home