Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Hump Day!

First things first, my very good friend Amanda, has started her own blog! She is an artist extraordinary! She does embroidery, needlepoint, knitting and sewing to name a few! Also, she is finishing her Ph.D. in geology this fall, so go give her a pat on the back and say hello!!

Oh, and if you haven't voted in the final contest yet, you have one last chance! Please go to the Puuurfect Kitty contest to vote for Soma in the finals! Yahoo! I hope she wins!

As for some knitting news, I bought more yarn! (No, I did really knit... I finished my Secret Project for my SP5 pal)! I gave into the Wavy Skirt due to how gorgeous her skirt came out! I love it! However, I am not a pink person, so I decided to go with these blues, a banana yellow, and jungle green. So, can anyone guess what the main color is going to be out of these 5 colors?! I do have to give credit to her for helping me decide....



I also wanted to post these too! I made them a while ago and found the pictures today. I made the set of kitty ones for Blossom and the diner set for Kirsten (don't those fit her blog!?).



As for the next few days, bear with me... I am going to be making the long trek down to NJ and Long Island for a family wedding! Scott and I are heading down to his dad's house tomorrow afternoon to hang out there for a couple of days before Saturday's affair. Then, Sunday I get to meet her, before we head back up to Boston! On Monday, I might even get to hang out with her too! Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will try to write from NJ on Friday!

8 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't like the idea of that skirt when i saw it in the magazine. However my mind has changes by the way your friend's turned out! SO CUTE! I bet yours is going to be very cute too. Travel safe. We'll miss you while you're away. =00

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

Knowing you, I think it's the green. BUT also knowing you like to mix it up, I'm guessing the dark blue as MC, too.

::blush:: Thanks for the enthusiastic introduction.

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just voted for Soma!! I think that the main color will be green :) Have a great weekend!

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea what your main color will be ;) I say...just to shake things up...YELLOW!!

And I adore the stitch markers. So cute!!

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the skirt idea! Although I don't think a knitted skirt would be that attractive on me...maybe later this year if I keep up the exercising. Can't wait to see it all finished though.

Have fun on your trip and enjoy meeting your blogger buddies!

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i love that skirt dani! i went to comment on amanda's blog:) gave her a good welcome.... what color are you going to use as the main? have a weekend in NJ!

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute skirt! I'll guess the light blue as the MC, but that's just because it's what I'd pick.
--SP

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home