Sunday, July 03, 2005

The Weekend in Pictures

What a wedding weekend that was!! Congrats to Dan (my cousin) and his new wife Kristi who got married on Saturday on Long Island! Scott and I had a great time and it was so good to catch up with family! The first picture is some of my family including my dad (back row, middle or left of me), my mom (in green in front of me) and my brother (middle front, white shirt). I threw in a bunch of extra pictures for those of you who might be interested :)!

Scott and I also had a chance to visit his dad on Thursday and Friday, see our great friend Traci, go to the beach, and meet Dani and her husband this afternoon! (Dani, thank you so much for lunch once again and the eggling, it was so so so good to finally meet you!) We took the ferry from Orient Point to New London, CT on the way back to cut out some driving and traffic time..






And just for the record, I did start a new project over the long weekend! Amidst all the craziness, I did manage to learn the Magic Loop Method and start my Trekking Socks for the 3rd time! Woohoo! After three tries, I finally made it (and, thank you Kerstin for the cable cast on recommendation... what a great elastic edge)! From the picture below, you can see that Mr. Sock (later to be granted the name Dr. Sock) made the trek with me to the wedding (mind you, my brother thought I was nuts-o!



And just in case you want to see a better pictures, here we are as of 8:00 tonight! All that car time gave me plenty of time with Mr. Sock .... oh, I mean Dr.!

8 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Everyone looks beautiful! (Yep - even the guys!) Thanks for sharing the pics - you can tell by the big grins everyone had a fabulous time.

That is one pretty sock, too. :::grin:::

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great wedding pictures,love that sock yarn you have
cara
earth mother

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are MORE than welcome Dani, it was so great to spend (too little!) time with you and Scott, looking forward to being able to do it again, only longer LOL

Great pics!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger alltangledup said...

great wedding pictures. Your mom looks so young ..and your brother is still gorgeous. I love the fact that so many people are wearing lime green... may I ask where in LI? My family lives out that way too in Massapequa

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fun time! Oh by the way i LOVE the colorway of Dr. sock! What yarn is that? So pretty!

Have a wonderful 4th my friend~

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does look like a lovely weekend -- you looked great -- love the up do! Great color for the sock.

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...all of these pictures are so gorgeous. Great photography, Dani.

P.S. I want that outfit you're wearing in the wedding pictures. Hee!

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just have to convince your bro to try knitting. Then he won't think it's crazy! Ha ha! I love your Dr. Sock colorway. I've found I like the randomness of variegated yarn much more than sock yarn with a planned patterning... I guess it's the spontaneity of it all.

Great Hourglass sweater Dani! I love the lettuce color too! Would you recommend Andean Silk? Not that I need any more yarn!

- MJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home