Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Wave

The Wave Skirt is officially underway! I re-started this on Friday and have made good progress. I have done 6 out of 12 increase series and cannot wait to start the fun part! I still have yet to figure out where the rest of the colors are going to go. Just so you know, the main color is actually the darkest blue in the pattern picture. The blue is really neither as light or as dark as it appears in the pictures...its more of a true navy color.

As for the watermelon yarn I dyed yesterday, you will have to wait for another day or two to see that one! It came out nice, however, the black "seed" spots ran a bit and I didn't get the effect I wanted. Also, some of the dark green ran into the white and I have a few green spots on there. If anyone has used acid dyes and has a successful way to keep the colors seperate, let me know! Hope everyone had a great weekend!


7 Comments:

At 12:34 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i love that skirt!!!!! can't wait to see those photos of the yarn!

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Janette said...

That skirt is going to awesome!! I can't wait to see it!

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That skirt does look like fun, I'm looking forward to seeing how the stripe colors look.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Beautiful color choices! (I've been thinking about doing this one myself) Can't wait to see the finished skirt.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger alltangledup said...

skirt is interesting... are you going to line it to prevent stretching?

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! The Wave Skirt returns!!!!! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I may be so inclined to give this a go if your turns out fabulous! Love the colors and can't wait to see the progress!!!!!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger claudia said...

There isn't a way to keep the dyes from running into each other a little, unless you choose to dye one color at a time and go through as many dye processes as there are colors.

Embrace the randomness.

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home