Saturday, June 18, 2005

Oh Happy Day!

I was so surprised yesterday to open up my mailbox and find a little present from Catherine from Knitt'in Around! Look at what she sent me - and for no reason either! Catherine--- thank you from the bottom of my heart... you really made my day. Those beads are so beatiful (my favorite colors even) and I love the little knitting charm! You better bet that these are going to get alot of use! The only home-made ones I have are from Amy, so this will be a great addition to my knitting toolbox!




And, congratulations Johanna! She is the new, proud owner of my first attempt at Kool-Aid dying. I am calling this color scheme Sesame Street! I knit up a little bit just to see what the stripes looked like and I was pretty happy with the color variation. I think it would made some great socks, or as Johanna suggested, a baby sweater!



And of course as soon as I saw my first dye attempt out the door, I had to make more! This time I found a few shades of green and was planning on having four different colors: a dark green, grass green, mint green, and sky blue. However, during the dying process the glass jar with the mint green color (which was great I might add) ran into the grass green color and I ended up with two similar greens, a dark green and a sky blue. I think it still looks pretty neat though :) I'll post more about the formulas I used and the dried yarn tomorrow!


8 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger claudia said...

You are doing so well that I'm thinking we need to set you up with some "real" dyes. You know, the kind you aren't supposed to drink.

;-)

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you - I shared this link with Katie, wanted to be sure you saw it too!
http://knitfix.blogspot.com/2005/06/as-i-stand-dyeing.html
it's a tutorial on dying yarns that are not wool!

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those colors came out great. The greens and blues look really nice. I am glad your first effort found a good home!

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

the stitch markers look good:) i absolutely love the way those colors knitted up!!!!!!! the green and blue blend so well, i think you should go into business for yourself:)

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your yarn looks great! Can't wait to see the dried green yarn.

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, stripes! Can't wait to see how the next batch knits up...

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger alltangledup said...

lovely stitchmarkers .. you lucky girl! I love the dying. The colours are great together.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Very pretty stitch markers! (would make great earings too) I love your dye attempts..one of these days I'm going to have to try dying my own fabric.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home