Tuesday, June 21, 2005

General Randomness

I never posted this late last week, but my yarn came in the mail for my Fiber Trends Field of Flowers shawl! I ordered 3 skeins of Alpaca Cloud in Sunlight (this was the same yarn I bought for Branching Out, but in Moss). At first I was a bit dissapointed with the color because it is more beige than yellow, but in the light, a nice pale yellow glow appears! Note: I don't think there is a chance in hell I am going to have time to make this for the July 2nd wedding! Sometimes I just come up with these crazy ideas.

And, as you can also tell, I am finally going to become a Magic Loop gal! I am totally blown away at how fast many of you knit socks, especially you! Hopefully I will have time to practice this on our journey to Long Island next weekend (where, yay, I am going to get a chance to meet Dani!





In other news, head over to the Puuurfect Kitty Contest and vote for my little Soma in the semi-finals round! Here are some cutie pictures of her just to stimulate!




And, just for the record, here are some MUCH better pictures of my "Earth Day" yarn. Yesterday's pictures were taken after the sun went behind the trees and it really dampened the colors. So, here are some pretty accurate pics. If you really want it, head over to ebay and check it out! Proceeds are going towards yarn for the Preemie Project!



12 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

That yarn is just beautiful!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

my vote got soma in the finals? yey!!! i am so jealous that you get to hang out with dani, you guys are gonna have a great time:)

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so so so excoted that you are ocming here! Rich keeps saying "2 Dani's in one place?"

And Illanna from Knitpowerstopeace? Is gonna get out to one of our SnB's before she goes back to AZ, and has kindly promised to show me the 2 circs deal, so I can stop whining about how much I want to knit socks but how badly I suck at it! So maybe soon I can say I knit socks toooooooooooooooo LOL

We need to figure out when and where and all that good stuff! I will email you my cell and home #s so we can work out the logistics! YAY!

The sunlight shows those colors even prettier than yesterday, you're right! But since they were gorgeous yesterday, I am at a loss for new glowing adjectives. Just re read my previous gush =)


Hey, are you here yet? How about now?

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So!? How soft is the Alpaca Cloud? ;) I've been looking into knitting something new, something 'lacey'...

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in lust with that Alpaca Cloud yarn!! It looks gorgeous......so how soft is it?? I think we need to do a deal!

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the magic loop! I've never tried it, so will be interested to hear how it goes for you.

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the yarn is beautiful! good luck with the preemie project.
xo amandamonkey

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh your Soma is such a cute kitty! I think that yarn is really gorgeous by the way. I may have to try to dye my own yarn sometime. I just may like it!

BTW HOW COOL of you to give your proceeds towards Preemie Project yarn! That is so FABULOUS! I have actually been trying to think of some ideas to raise money for supplies. I thought that I could make stitch markers and bookmarks to sell online to raise money. The only thing is that I don't know if it is legal if I don't have the charity signed up to be a legal non-profit charity. That's my goal for the next two months. I bought a new domain name and now I have to look into this. Let me know if you think of any other good fundraising ideas!

So glad to have you as a part of this project! You're so great! If only you weren't so far away. =0)

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Oh - new yarn...I love it! Alpaca Cloud is such a great name - instantly makes me think SOFT! Soma is a cutie - I'll have to put in a vote for her for sure. The koolaid dyeing is going really well too - I'm impressed!

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Field of Flowers and it will look lovely in the Alpaca Cloud. Earth Day is very neat and great idea to donate the proceeds. It really DOES look like an earth!

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

I can't wait to hear how you like the Magic Loop--I am pretty dedicated to my DPNs but I am always trying to knit faster. I guess you could also do the sleeves for Hourglass with Magic Loop, right, and not have to worry about finding a fiddly 12-inch circ? Hmmm....

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger lucia said...

I didn't know there already was a contest somewhere else! I just started one. Why don't you enter your kitty?

I have an entry form here:

Entry form

And dicuss it a bit here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home