Friday, September 16, 2005

Friday Goodness

Wow! The last few days has been a whirlwind with Sunshine Yarns finally going public. Thank you all so much for your support and I am happy to announce that three skeins are gone off of etsy and I have 12 custom orders! Who knew there were so many of you who wanted, for example, Green Bay Packers socks! I love it and am so excited to try out all the new colorways. So thank you, thank you :) Oh, and I have a new button on the right that will always take you right to the store.

On the knitting front, I finally finished up the first Go With The Flow Sock out of IK Summer 2005. I am pretty much happy with how it came out, though I didn't mark the toe decreases and it doesn't look **perfect. The socks are a bit small on me (tight around the ankle) but they are for my aunt who has feet that are a size smaller than mine. Hopefully she doesn't have mega high arches too :)!

** Perfect as in complete analness (if that's even a word).



I also whipped out this little pumpkin hat, using Anne Norling's pattern, for the Preemie Project's Halloween donation. Can you just picture an entire preemie unit decked out in pumpkin hats?! How cute...

13 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Thea said...

Hi Dani -

Make that 4 skeins - I couldn't resist the Iris. But after I filled out the info, no PayPal window popped up for me to pay. Does it automatically send me an email in a little bit so I can?

Next Knitsmiths, I may have some yarn you'd like as well - I've been calling it cotton spaghetti - it's nice yarn, about DK weight, but an UGLY color of beige. I also have a big batch of light blue so will never use the matching big batch of beige. If you want it, it's yours to make lovely and do with it what you will!

See ya, thea

Thea

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

love the sock!!! okay i have got to have that pattern for the preemie hat, i am a little tired of the one i am using:) beside i like how the stem is the "leaf".

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

hurrah for green bay packer sock yarn!!!!! :)

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty pattern! You know, I should give that a try since I've never made top-down socks before...

Hope your cousin's feeling *much* better. I have a few cycling horror stories myself (my friends). I wish motorists would be more considerate of their 2-wheeled companions on the road...

- MJ

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dani,
Congratulations on Sunshine yarns! You are doing a really great job on all the beautiful colors and I will order some. Your sock is beautiful and I love the premie hat. Have a good weekend.

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did I totally forget the custom orders? Sending you an email in a sec... also, tagged ya again LOL (9/17 entry)
and as usual, LOVE the sock, the hat is tooooo cute!

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the socks and the hat! You go girl! Happy to hear that things are going well with Knitting Sunshine and can't wait to see all the new things you come up with.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The hat is adorable, and the sock looks very nice. I love that pattern, and it's on my never ending "to do list".

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

PS, I missed the custom sock yarn offer...at some point, I might comission you for some Patriots sock yarn :) Or Philadelphia Eagles, for my weird boyfriend. (He's a traitor to the state)

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Anne Norling has the cutest hat patterns. Love the one you made!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

Dani, that sock looks beautiful--I can't wait to knit that pattern. And I love the pumpkin hat--too cute!

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

Dani, Is the pumpkin hat pattern one you could share? (Or a link to it?)

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your store! That's so cool! Sorry i haven't been around lately. I've been checking in on you, even though you don't know it! Oh and that preemie pumpkin hat is SO cute. Hope that all is well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home