Sunday, October 30, 2005

Day 6 and Back Again...

Today, we went back to Glacier since the weather held out on us. How could we stay away?!



We went on the 5 mile hike to Avalanche Lake that we wanted to do yesterday. It was so beautiful and refreshing. Here are two pictures of Avalanche Creek. Look at how the water has shaped the rocks over the years....



Here I am in front of Avalanche Lake. We did pass a few people on the way up, but Scott was still scared of running into bears. I told him that I would protect him and just kept on telling him what to do if we did run into one. I thought it was cute... my little New Jersey boy!



Just a little kiss...



Then you can look up! Wow, some beautiful mountains all around us. We even got to see some blue sky.. humph, rain my ass!




After we left the park and returned to Whitefish, we stopped at Knit N' Needle. What a cute little store! They had a nice selection of yarns and were, thank god, open on Sundays :). I came home with two skeins of Tibet from the Himalayan Yarn Company. I've seen this stuff before and love it! Its 60% wool and 40% recycled silk and supports a great cause.




By the time I was done at the yarn store, I needed a snack. While in the local Safeway (yay Safeway!) I found this:



Yum! The only question was, how does one eat this insanely large chocolate coated rice krispie treat?! I solved the issue rather quickly. Scott just couldn't resist taking some pictures....



Tonight we are back at the lodge watching the end of the Broncos game. Tomorrow we are off to Missoula, MT for the next two days. I'll leave you with a pretty picture of the lodge. More pictures tomorrow, of course :)

6 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Hey Dani,
Your trip looks divine. When you get back, could you email me regarding a special order for yarn.
Thanks!

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all the beautiful pictures from your trip! Have a great time.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i am having the best time on this trip dani!!!! oh i am loving the insanely huge rice crispy trest, yummy!!!!!*drool*

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Sayward said...

Those photos are breathtaking!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

You're going to Missoula too! You're hitting every spot I've always wanted to visit.

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! These photos are AWESOME. Great shots. They sure bring back the memories...I went hiking in that same park and boating on the same lake. A long time ago it was, but if I knit back then I would have stopped by that store. Lucky you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home