Monday, February 27, 2006

Warm Me Up

In an attempt to look like the backcover of LMKG, I present my recently finished legwarmers! I finished these last week and just haven't had any time to post. I've been wearing these lots around the house since its been super cold here in Boston lately. In all reality though, I would never knit these again. They took me forever since I never really sat down and gave them a chunk of time. They were also EXTREMELY boring to knit... Perhaps I worstened my pain by using a a dk weight yarn and a size smaller needle?!




Pattern: Legwarmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Uruguay DK #08 and Kidsilk Haze #592.
Measurements: 21" long
Started: January 9, 2006
Finished: February 20, 2006
Other Details: I used a dk weight yarn instead of worsted. Therefore, I went down to a US7 instead of a US8. I also cast on less stitches since I have little legs (42 rather than 46). Lastly, I didn't make these the full length since I though 20" was plenty!

11 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Great photo - looks like you're about to start your ballet practice!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Christine said...

They look fantabulous!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hey, that does look like the book!! :)

Happy Birthday (soon)!

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may have to get over my 80's bias towards legwarmers. They would be perfect to wear around the apartment during these chilly days.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Bear Knits said...

They look just like the ones pictured in the book. Looks really comfy!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger spajonas said...

i've always wanted to make those leg warmers :)

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

They're cute, Dani, but not as cute as your toes!

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

very cute! i love the color, and the photo is very LMNG! happy birthday :)

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Dani said...

So cute! I love the colour. I need to make me some of these

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dani, Those are really cute! Very similiar to the ones you wore to your dance classes back in '84!!!! But you'll be able ro stay alot warmer when you get your Birthday gift from me and dad tomorrow! Love you... MOM

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger alison said...

Hey, those came out great! The length looks perfect. And the color...... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home