Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Go Green

As much as I hate big needles, I have to say that they are great in times of need. We were having a friend over for dinner that has recently gone through some bad times and I wanted to make her something warm and cozy. So, I dug through my stash and pulled out two skeins of Blue Sky Bulky and some borrowed needles. Viola! A scarf in under an hour. (Yes, ANOTHER SCARF ON THIS BLOG!) I am so thrilled that she loves green as much as I do :)




Pattern: Plain ol' garter stitch with some fringe on US35 needles
Yarn: Blue Sky Bulky in color #1017
Measurements: Approximately 75" long with 7.5" fringe
Started: February 6, 2006
Finished: February 6, 2006
Other Details: Knit on size US35 needles, this took about an hour to knit! I needed a quick fix project for a friend who was having a bad day. I added in some Kidsilk Haze in Meadow to the fringe to give it a little something!

7 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Wow, talk about your instant gratification projects! Very nice.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

It took an hour to knit!!!! I love that! It is a great looking scarf and I'll bet it's very soft! What a sweet gift!


I am currently knitting some fab socks with your Rock Creek....
such nice yarn to work with!

Thanks!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

green is such a great color too! i love that yarn, sooooo soft.. i must say since you work at a shop now you have the oppurtunity to work with more yarns! *happy dance*!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Lorette said...

Sometimes you need a quick project! That should help fix your friend's bad day!

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dani,
The scarf is gorgeous, and many thanks for that Griffindor stripe. It arrived yesterday. My daughter the HP nut can't wait to have it knit up into socks.
Wendy in North Andover

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

Beautiful scarf. I love the fringe, the added kid silk haze really adds a nice touch. I hope your friend loves it.

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes dealing with crazy big needles are a worthy trade-off for a cute and fuzzy scarf. :) And luckily the knitting goes fast, so you don't have to put up with the big needles for long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home