Tuesday, January 24, 2006

New and Old

Sign-up's are today! Go find out more on Alison's blog! I just can't wait to start knitting!



I was getting bored with the few projects I am currently working on, so I decided that something with a chart was just what I needed. So, what was the medicine? The Backyard Leaves Scarf from Scarf Style. I'm 5 repeats through the first half and am really loving it so far. I made one mistake, one mistake! But, I am leaving it. No frogg'in for me today :) Doesn't this shade of green remind you of Spring?!




I also (finally) picked up Scott's cardigan and started working on that again. I had left off a few months ago (due to holiday knitting) with a half a sleeve done. I've only done a few more repeats since I wasn't happy with how the sleeve was looking. The problem - its a 4x4 rib and the last knit stitch was looking all huge and ugly before the first purl stitch. The solution - After Johanna took a look at it, we decided to leave it and not frog (hmm, a frog suggests NOT to frog...). The only real solution is to not knit it in the round and seam it up at the end (uh, no thank you)!



Maybe I can keep my promise to Scott and get it done by the end of January? I highly doubt it... Maybe it will be ready by V-Day?!

11 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Kit said...

The Scarf looks gorgeous! I love the leaves. :D

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that scarf. It's such a beauty.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

ooooh! the backyard leeves scarf will get ya going again :) love that color for it! i signed up early this moring for sockapaloooza too, yeah!

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm the backyard leaves looks really pretty! I love that green - funny how things change as you get older, huh?

I joined Sockapaloooza too! I have no idea what came over me, but I did it. Cant wait to get my info so I can start knitting (good thing there is a good amount of time - as I am just past the cuff on my 2nd sock that I started a week ago! I need more knitting time!!!)

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

Such a pretty scarf, I love the color you chose.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Ooh - such a beautiful scarf! That green is gorgeous. :) I'm excited for Sockapaloooza too.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Jofrog said...

I wonder how many sockapaloooza socks will be knit out of Sunshine Yarns... you'd better stock up!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Backyard Leaves are looking lovely!

A slightly imperfect stitch seems a small price to pay for no seaming... I bet it will be a great Valentine's gift!

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf is looking great, and good luck with the sweater.

I'm looking forward to sockapalooozing again, too! If I remember right, following Alison's links during the last round was how I found your blog. :)

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look like you're doing what I've started doing. I'm calling it "two steps forward and one step back" which means that I'm picking up old projects and must have two completed UFO's before I start anything new... It's helping to get a lot of stuff finished, but still allowing me to start something new every so often...

Love the scarf color!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger alison said...

Hey, you're at exactly the same place on your cardi as I am now. I've got the 14th as a deadline too!

Love that backyard leaves scarf!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home