Saturday, February 11, 2006

Superwash My Way

For those of you who follow Sunshine Yarns, you'll be happy to hear that there will be lots of new changes within the next month or so! First off, there is a new design in the works for my banner, button, tags, etc. You'll have to wait to hear more about that :) Secondly, I have been experimenting with some superwash yarns! The one I seem to enjoy the most right now is a thinner fingering weight, but it has a unique look and feel to it, which I really enjoy. I'll most likely be offering only the self-striping yarns in the superwash, but will be adding some new self-striping colorways as well. Below you can see two different superwash yarns. The center-pull ball is a thicker fingering weight in the Neapolitan colorway. The skein is actually a self-striping version of the Neapolitan in the thinner fingering weight! I will most likely use this skein for my Sockapalooza pal though I still have to decide what pattern I am going to do.



And here is the Harvest colorway not yet re-skeined in the thinner SW fingering weight. Doesn't it hold the colors beautifully!?



And some of you will think I am crazy, but I lust over other's sock yarns like you wouldn't believe! I recently acquired some Vesper Sock Yarn from Julia. She is really such a sweet heart! She does some very unique colorways, which I really enjoy. Below are some pictures of my Midnight Knitter sock yarn :)



I also purchased some Socks that Rock Sock yarn and did really love the colorway. However, I knew it wasn't really me (the purple was just too strong), so I traded with Johanna for some of this gorgeous Twinkle Toes yarn from Joslyns Fiber Farm! How beautiful is this stuff?!



And, as I was taking picture for this mornings post, I just couldn't resist one of my little girls basking in the winter sun :) You can see my new swift again too! Have a good weekend everyone!

22 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

Beautiful post! *love* the new yarns - looks like the experiments are going well!

Give the kitties a chin scratch for me. And Scott, too.

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dani, I'm excited to hear about your superwash sock yarn. I recently knitted a pair of socks with your yarn in the Sweet Dreams colorway (there's a photo on my site if you care to see) and I love your yarn. It's so soft and lush and the colors are so nice.

I've also knitted a pair of socks with the same Midnight Knitter colorway you bought and am very pleased with her yarn as well.

Now... of to ogle some Twinkle Toes. :) Have a nice weekend!

- Liz
http://www.simplyknit.net

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger claudia said...

Yeah! Superwash!

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, superwash! By the way, I went to the opening ceremonies for the Knitting Olympics last night at Doyle's, and I was knitting up my second Gryff sock and there were quite a few interested folks there - you might be getting some new customers! I can't wait to see the new colorways myself!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger strangelittlemama said...

oooooh, yummy yarn!
The pic of the kitty in the window is really beautiful.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Beth S. said...

Terribly exciting! I do prefer superwash for socks, so this is great news. And I covet that self-striping Neapolitan--sigh!

Did you change the formula for Harvest? I could swear I see lavender or blue-grey in that skein, which I don't think I ever noticed before. Could just be my screen, though. ;-)

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger alltangledup said...

love to hear more about your superwashed yarns... There are very, very few people in this wourld that I would ever make sockst that need to be hand washed!

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love new sock yarn! I have that same vesper color way and love it!! Happy sock knitting!

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dani,

Looking forward to more Sunshine Yarns -- I received my order and LOVE IT!! It's so beautiful. Thank you :-)

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new superwash looks a little hairy - does it have mohair in it?

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhg... must not add to stash. Seriously, I have been lusting over your yarns for months, and I will buy some sometime... but only after I reduce the stash and increase the cash a bit. :)

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Hey Dani - LOVE your yarns! I just finished a pair of Dublin Bay Socks using the Midnight Knitter colorway of Vesper Sock Yarns - check my blog for a photo. I think you'll really like that yarn. I did!!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so excited about superwash!

Beautiful pictures too. :)

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger alison said...

Oooh, the vesper is very pretty. And your superwash Neapolitan is so rich looking. Yum!

(PS - I've knit a few stripes worth of the Gryffindor, I'll send some pics tonight!)

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Love the yarns....do you have any more yarn in the Neopolitan colorway available? I want to make my first pair of socks for Project Spectrum in some sort of pink and brown combination.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Karen said...

forgot to leave you my email address so you can contact me about the neopolitan yarn: knittykarenAThotmailDOTcom

 
At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmm new Dani Yarns - yay! Everything looks so pretty! And I cant wait to see what youve come up with for new banner/logo etc!!

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got some of the same vesper. Can't wait to knit it up, though it will have to until after the Olympics! :)

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Scoutj said...

I absolutely must have some of that top yarn. How can we make that possible!?

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Thea said...

hey you - all beautiful colorways -I love that neopolitan.. Have managed to knit up Iris, take a peek on the blog.
See you soonish, Thea

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

okay is the harvest one your creation? i love those colors dani you have got to sell that to me :)

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Hi!
Is the Taos yarn self striping or is it varigated?

Thanks,
Donna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home