Monday, February 06, 2006

Is it ON or OFF the Bandwagon?

After a long weekend visiting our friends at Lehigh, I had discovered that I had lots of work do to and little time to blog. Hence, my absence for the past week. Things are good though, I've actually been knitting and dyeing lots the past week (I sent out 18 skeins on Friday and 23 custom ordered skeins on Saturday).

First off, if any of you know me, you will know that I was fighting the Jaywalker craze for the past few months (love the pattern, but everyone was knitting it!). I crashed and burned the other day when I dug this self-striping Regia yarn out of my stash and had a sudden urge to knit with it. After seeing this colorway on Diana's blog last spring, I had to have some. And, so it has sat so patiently in my bin.. until Tuesday night!

And look, I have half of the foot done! Unfortunately, I tried it on last night and it is super super tight around my ankle/heel. It took some coaxing to get it on, but I vow to keep these for myself. I know they will stretch out a bit over time, and so I keep knitting.




Oh, and yes, I did cut out the stripes from the heel :)

And in other news, I finished this super boring, but super soft scarf last week while on our trip! A friend of a friend wanted someone to knit her this, and so I agreed.



Pattern: Plain ol' garter stitch with some fringe
Yarn: Touch Me in forest green
Measurements: Approximately 60" long with 7.5" fringe
Started: December 24, 2005
Finished: January 30, 2006
Other Details: Its a chenille, so I knit this on US7 needles to prevent worming.

13 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Oh, a Touch Me scarf. I would have trouble giving it up!

The socks are looking very cool and stripey.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Cool socks, Dani. Good call on the heel, wonky stripes would have muddied the effect.

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your jaywalkers look great. I like how you cut out the strips in the heel. It makes it transition smoother.

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't think I've seen Jaywalker in self striping before... it looks good. And the scarf looks great too!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Scoutj said...

I love them! Great job!

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The jaywalkers look great. I resisted, too, but now I'm on my 6th pair. You're right - the ankle/heel does stretch to fit. I think they are one of the best-fitting sock patterns around.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i love the colors in your jaywalker socks! they are great! yep, i am about to join that bandwagon soon... i have some sock yarn that is dyeing to be knit in that pattern :) the super soft scarf looks just like you described! very soft!

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those Jaywalkers look fabulous -- great combination of color and pattern. Yea!!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Love the colorway of those Jaywalkers! They will be very sharp...

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger alison said...

Love how those socks are coming out. I just finished cutting out the colors in my nation socks at the heel. I love doing that! It really makes the sock look more professional.

The scarf is gorgeous!

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are gorgeous! Love the colorway! One question, though - how do you cut the stripes out from the heel? Are you literally cutting them out? Somehow like steeking? I'm confused and a little scared, but eager to know. :)

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

çok güzel olmuş

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Love your Regia socks! What colorway is that, if you don't mind my asking. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home